almost done with MY mpx on a stock motor

more than likely nothing is wrong but running with your mods and no tune is not a good idea .

although Jim demmitt did it for yrs without a tune . you may be lucky and its not to lean but it only takes seconds to ruin a good engine. dirve to dave let him do it why risk it . this is probably the only time ill agree with these guys .

So manny you think you can come up with somthing close to the MPX ehh?? sounds like a nice winter upgrade.. Maybe i can get the privelage of having a sig that says 'fastest sc with manny parts' :)

i suppose...you guys are going berserk over 1 little run, what gives?
nothing good to say just bashing? i understand it may have not been the best idea, but no one is excited just all pessamism?

Don't worry about it....I did that kind of stuff all the time before you could even tune these cars, only not with that much boost. These guys are just trying to keep you from doing something you may regret later.

Knowing Dave, I'm sure he reduced the WOT timing to keep you out of trouble. But it would still be a good idea to put the car on a local dyno with a wide band o2, and make a couple pulls just to verify your A/F ratio is safe enough for full throttle.

If you want to be even safer, pull the octane plug to retard timing another 4 degrees.

David

thanks for the tips, i know that these guys have been around cars for longer than i have been born perhaps, no offense intended, but yes right now i believe i am going to just go to a standard shop and get the AF ratio checked out i suppose, i'm running the chip on the most safe tune on it aside from stock so i hope everything is still good.

i appreciate everyones help and i'll let you know what's up.

well i went to the dyno today to check the a/f ratio and perhaps get some things sorted out.

I'm still waiting on the email for my charts and I will post them as i receive them.

last run was 257.0 rwhp and 307.6 rwtq with a air fuel ratio reaching all the way to 9.46 at WOT at 5000 rpm :eek:
There are still a few more ponies waitin in there but I gotta get someone to tune it just to see how much :rolleyes:

this is with just 15% OD also by the way

Last edited:
well i went to the dyno today to check the a/f ratio and perhaps get some things sorted out.

I'm still waiting on the email for my charts and I will post them as i receive them.

last run was 250 rwhp and 300 rwtq with a final air fuel ratio of 9.5 :eek:
There are still a few more ponies waitin in there but I gotta get someone to tune it just to see how much :rolleyes:

this is with just 15% OD also by the way

250 and 300? flat? Really?

C'moooooooon.

At least you know that the AFR was somewhat safe when you beat on it last week. :D Rich is not good either but safer then runnin lean.
Its very rich you should aim for 12.:1AFr or 12.50:1 to be more agreesive.
What boost # are you spitting out. Maybe you can go another 5% and be safe.

The car is running 20 lbs of boost, which I am a little skeptical about (autometer gauge) but I still have to get some things sorted out I imagine. Yes I was pretty sure it was rich when I looked under the car, to see some clamped exhaust parts with some black debris on it ( I guess that is pretty obvious it's rich) and well I'm just happy it didn't blow up. :) I'll get some final numbers soon enough, and that extra 10% won't be there til next year with the alky kit, I'm runnin low on funds and I know christmas is gonna kill me:eek:

Back