Another new member in need of help

mrpstewart

Hi all,
Names Paul, I live in the Uk and have owned a 1989 White super coupe since 2000.
The cars been a pleasure to own and drive, but a real learning curve finding spares. I found a lot of the UK granda scorpio parts are the same, and oil filters for a ford zetec fit.
Now i found this site quite by chance, whilst looking for spares again, and i find myself being in a posistion of needing some help from you guys.
my best freind brought the car from new in 1989, and imported it to the uk, in 2000 he didn't keep an eye properly on his blood sugar levels, and slipped into a diabetic coma, he never came round and died two days latter. His wife had to sell the car, so i brought it, to keep it in the family, so to speak. I will not sell the car for love nor money, but i found out the other day that the panels under the body kit have rotted away, even though there is no rust anywhere else.
I have tried and tried to get panels, but nobody seems to have them or wont post to the UK.
Does anybody here know anybody or any company that will deal with me ?.
I need both front wings (fenders)
Both sills, not sure what you guys call them, they are the panel below the doors that conect to the floor and run from the front arch to the rear.
both rear wheel arch repair panels.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Cheers Paul. :)

rocker panels

i am looking into the same thing. i have a local body shop looking for me, but he says they probably will have to make them at the shop. as far as fenders go should be pretty easy. the only difference between sc fenders and regular tbird fenders is the strip that is riveted to hold on the body kit. just transfer your strip if its not rotted to bad. anyway i'll let you know if he finds a source for the rockers.

Hi Jimmyman,
Thanks for the reply, I never realised the only difference was the kit plate. They are fine on all the panels.
A dealer replied to one of my emails, he is willing to ship, but and this is a biggy, he wants 336 dollars per fender plus postage, and 120 dollars plus postage for the rocker panels, :eek: i get the idea he is taking advantage of my situation.
Anyway he also states rear quarter repair panels are ot avalible.

There are a few other minor differences between a SC fender and a regular Thunderbird. There are holes drilled in the front lip of the fender as well as one under the fender. These are also associated with mounting the ground effect to the fender. The one in front is for a screw. The one under the forward corner lip is for a push pin. You may also need new attachment pins for the ground effects. Let us know. You need to apply pressure from the backside to unscrew these pins otherwise they just spin.

Back