In a predicament...

95_XR7

Alright. I've been trying to plan a few upgrades for this winter when the car is pretty much gonna be parked in my garage. :)

I've been debating on upgrading the brakes, and have always been a fan of the PBR swap, and from what I've seen, swapping to Mustang hubs, and going to mustang brakes.

PBR swap, using a slightly larger rotor than what I have now. This is easily my cheapest route. I know of a few small modifications to the caliper are needed, but no big deal. This would offer better braking, but I'd still be stuck with small brakes, for a nice heavy car.

I'd much rather have 13'+ brakes though, and I guess I have two choices when it comes to this.

Order a set of 13' rotors off of SCP of $135 a piece, for our bolt pattern. Will Cobra calipers work with these with no problem? I was curious on if there could be a weird offset, causing excessive wear. The only problem I see with this is the fact that replacing rotors WILL NOT be cheap. The upside besides better stopping power, is I can obviously retain the use of my 18' Bullits

Or, I could always hub swap the car. Mustang rotors are a bit cheaper than SCP ones. Not sure how much, but from working at my brother's shop, I have discounts through a few auto parts places. Downsides are I wouldn't be able to finish this during winter, and I'd have to find some other rims to run.

I'm aiming towards the rotors off of SCP, anyone have any different opinions?

Last edited:
Back