intercooler fan
afpr
fpg

any input would be great

o and i have my own dyno to use a 224x dynojet

Thanks
George Benson

Last edited:
I guess ill pick up a set of high flow 2.5 cats and a 3 dynomax ultraflow mufflers 1 duel in duel out and 2 singles and bend up a exhaust on my bend pack this weekend . Maybe that will give me something.

Some strange combinations you have. A 3.5 fresh air intake, 76MM maf, I assume a stock throttle body. Not very well matched. Porting the blower wont do you much good pulling air through a stock plenum and TB. The 10% will generate way to much heat and pull the timing on the top end even with a fan on the IC. The exhaust will do you a world of good and you should feel an improvement. The 180 degree thermostat wont do a lot of good unless you program the fan to come on sooner. You need a chip in the computer for that. The top will get you little to none improvement untill you get to a much higher level of HP.

1 Exhaust
2 Bigger TB and plenum
3 Better IC with that 10% over drive
4 SCT chip and tune

These are the basics. If you want the biggest bang for the bucks

1 An autorotor, if you can find one
2 Cam and heads

All kinds of bolt ons wont do what the cam and heads will do for you

Ken

For bolt ons you can go Magnum Powers inlet for SC and at least a 75mm TB. The S port charger or MPII would be a greaqt upgrade if you can find one...Or hav eyour charger ported

The exhaust is definitely a restriction. The cat section and resonator have got to go.

A nice tune will wake it up as well. Unsure what your best fuel pressure should be but that can throw things way off. Someone here will chime in for sure. You can do tweaking with the fuel pressure. 42lb lightning injectors can be had cheap and if going for a tune a good idea at this point..There will also come a tim ethat the 190lph pump will not do

A nice converter 2400 stall and thw 94-95 autos have no trac loc..Youll want to get that>>>if you have a shop a nice gear swap would do wonders. 3.73 are good track gears with 4.10'a beig ideal IMO

after all this..When you arent 100 % happy...A good head and cam package will make all teh difference

a 85mm throttlebody and a mp plenum are on the horizon. Just doing this slowly this is my beater car to get back and forth to work with. I spent to much cash on my vette this month so the beater will have to wait for some more mods. I currently have one of the fastest C6Z06's in the country. All motor 10.51@132 nitrous 9.94 138. built 100% by me. Currently the car has a 25.5 sfi certified cage good to 7.50 et and building a new 445ci nitrous motor to make over 1000 rwhp.

George

Some strange combinations you have. A 3.5 fresh air intake, 76MM maf, I assume a stock throttle body. Not very well matched. Porting the blower wont do you much good pulling air through a stock plenum and TB. The 10% will generate way to much heat and pull the timing on the top end even with a fan on the IC. The exhaust will do you a world of good and you should feel an improvement. The 180 degree thermostat wont do a lot of good unless you program the fan to come on sooner. You need a chip in the computer for that. The top will get you little to none improvement untill you get to a much higher level of HP.

1 Exhaust
2 Bigger TB and plenum
3 Better IC with that 10% over drive
4 SCT chip and tune

These are the basics. If you want the biggest bang for the bucks

1 An autorotor, if you can find one
2 Cam and heads

All kinds of bolt ons wont do what the cam and heads will do for you

Ken

I am in nj and my car has been under the knife for 3 months now so if it was a couple months ago it could have been me mine is all white with carbon fiber canards on the front bumper

George

It's an auto, put a marauder converter in it with a markVIII flexplate and fix the sloppy shifts too. A 96 up pan would also be a great idea. That right there will shed more time off of it than just about anything else at once.
Alan

Welcome to the club, it's good to see people using the SC as a daily driver, that's what they do best.

If you put the SC on the dyno occasionally as you do mods you'll soon find that 225-250rwhp is about it for a stock motor 94 SC. The motors have higher compression than earlier years which along with a couple other things make the 94-5 not so mod friendly. They suffer from detonation and so attempts to pull in more air just tends to aggravate the situation.

As Alan said, the biggest results come from doing the converter and reprogramming the trans for better shifting. After that upgrading the exhaust is a good idea but you have to be careful if you don't want it sounding like trash going down the road. V6's don't sound very nice if they are loud. High flow cats are great and move them downstream as much as possible.

3.73 gears with trac-lok
mp inlet plenum and 85mm tb
catless exhaust w/ highflow resonator (mufflers optional)
the mp3 blower and a front mount would be awesome on your car get a set of upgraded tensioner springs too.
definately get a cam and big valve ported heads
255 lph forced induction fuel pump
60 lb/hr injectors
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
higher stall convertor
j-mod the transmission and add a big ~~~ cooler
a tune would be great

how fast of a daily driver do you want? 11's?

Exhaust is in the works im doing a true duel setup with 3 mufflers with cats.
also my car is a highly optioned car and has the trac-lock in it it comes with the cold weather group.

Thanks
George

Back