car turns off when push in the clutch

ironworker

to day after work i started my car and pushed in the clutch and it turned off.got it started again and did it again and again . i pushed the brake and it started reving high . so i pushed in the clutch again and it dies.. can some one help me

it does both .. it will idel fine . but as soon as u push it in it idels down and shuts off

sorry im the worst speller in the world lol

I'm not sure I understand all the symptons, but the neutral safety switch and the related wiring would be a good place to check.

Can you start the car with the clutch pedal pushed down?

Check the connector to your ignition switch. The neutral safety switch is part of the starting circuit only, not the run circuit.

The ignition switch connector on the other hand can cause this and did on mine. Clutch was just movement under the dash pulling on the connector on mine.

I'm not sure I understand all the symptons, but the neutral safety switch and the related wiring would be a good place to check.

Can you start the car with the clutch pedal pushed down?

i push the clutch in and it starts . when i push it in again it shuts off

and it ran fine all the way to work and when i got off it started doing it

Check the connector to your ignition switch. The neutral safety switch is part of the starting circuit only, not the run circuit.

The ignition switch connector on the other hand can cause this and did on mine. Clutch was just movement under the dash pulling on the connector on mine.

Good call--I've had T-Bird 3 ignition switches go south, causing all kinds of different problems. The heat from a high resistance contact in the switch can cause your connector to distort to the point where you may need to replce it as well.

Good Luck

Alright "ironworker" you are leaving waaaaaaaaaaay too much out for anyone to even come close to properly diagnosing your problem, unless someone gets a lucky guess. Try explaining the whole situation:

When you start the car and you have the clutch in, does it start idling fine, then sputter down and die?

I mean you say you started the car, THEN, you pushed in the clutch, but you can't start a standard car without the clutch pushed in.... And you say you pushed the brake and it started reving high :confused: Did you mean you were driving, then you put it in neutral and were slowing down and the car started reving high? or what....?

Just post again, explain your entire trip and DON'T leave anything out and your problem will be solved without a bung or random guesses.

I know from experience..... :D

Alright "ironworker" you are leaving waaaaaaaaaaay too much out for anyone to even come close to properly diagnosing your problem, unless someone gets a lucky guess. Try explaining the whole situation:

When you start the car and you have the clutch in, does it start idling fine, then sputter down and die?

I mean you say you started the car, THEN, you pushed in the clutch, but you can't start a standard car without the clutch pushed in.... And you say you pushed the brake and it started reving high :confused: Did you mean you were driving, then you put it in neutral and were slowing down and the car started reving high? or what....?

Just post again, explain your entire trip and DON'T leave anything out and your problem will be solved without a bung or random guesses.

I know from experience..... :D

the car was in neutral . i pushed it in to start it and it started . i pushed it in again and it dies.. i started it again with the car still in neutral and i tryed pushing the brake before i pushed in the clutch and it started to rev and i pushed in the clutch and it dies again..

i know i have a vac leak that what is going on with the brake .. i think ive got that part fixed.

but it still wants to die when i push in the clutch and the car is still in neutral

i have a code reader but i dont have the book to read them.. i pluged in to the ecm and the codes i came up with are 23 and 85 .. i know the 23 is throttle position sensor . but i dont know what the 85 is

i pulled the codes and it was a the tps and vapor can solinoid i replaced both of those.. the car still shuts off when the car is in nutral when i push the clutch in .. when i push on the brake it revs between 1000 and 2500 rmps i push the clutch in and it stopes reving ..

im going to replace the aic tomarrow

Back