M90 vs. M112 discussion

AT low boost levels the eaton rocks..The higher the boost the more inneficient it becomes.

The Twin screw looses to the twin screw in low boost application but mid to high boost kicks the Eatons butt.

An eaton moves air while a twin screw compresses it as well internally. Two different animals

Keep in mind 10 plus psi is HIGH boost for an eaton

The TVS is alledgedly an awsome blower and very efficient...Id love to see one on an SC to see what it can do. Does great things for the stangs. I have a buddy running close to the same HP in his gt500 with a tvs as a few local guys running big whipples. The TVS also tended to make better low end power (not that you need that). Perhaps someone will get one of them there things on an SC. If it has Eaton reliability with twin screw power (or close to it) it sa winner

Dave, you are obviously wrong. Cant you read? He said he had been doing allot of research. Not sure how much that is, but I bet it is more than A LOT.:rolleyes:

SWS

I spoke to their rep. Hr really didn't seem to have much of a clue except to say that there wasn't a kit for it. The blower he said to use was the 1320, if my memory serves me right. I saw a picture, thats about it and a mechanical drawing which was greek to me. I quess I put it wrong, he knew a lot about the blower but nothing about our cars. I have time so I will look into it more.

He said the blower plenum would be 2300.

Stephen

Seems like a lot. I can get the STS Remote basic setup for 2000, which is about what I think I could get by with. The 3000 dollar kit just seems to have more clamps and such.

Last edited:
Damon, perhaps you can explain this chart which shows a comparison between the M90 and a Whipple 1.6 @ 6psi. Perhaps you mean that at less than 6psi the Eaton is better? Please explain so I can look for the appropriate results.

Stephen, adapting a TVS is similar to adapting an AR. It can be done but will need all new parts and mounting hardware. Since the cost for the blower is very similar, I'm not sure I see any real benefit to pursuing it (at least on my part), particularly since I already did all the R&D on the AR installation.

Attachments

• 1600AR_vs_M90_6lbs_1.JPG
    1600AR_vs_M90_6lbs_1.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 200
Back