"Bench Racing" grab a warm chair and ice cold soda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich brings up a good point. When we say who will be the first to run 9s so we mean the first SC Vin car? First 3.8L in a SC? First 3.8L in an SC using a roots style blower? Nitrous? Any Exxex based V6 (stroker) with any power adder? What are we talking about?

For some reason I get the feeling we are talking about the SC V6 with an M90 and no nitrous.

How about an SC with a turbocharged v8 ?

David

How about an SC with a turbocharged v8 ?

David

133 mph trap speeds show that car has more in it. Plus you still have room to play with the boost don't you? Was that run on premium fuel too? If so you have a lot more in it with some tuning for race gas. Problem is finding a track you can run it at witout the cage. You might only get 1 or 2 runs in and then get the boot. One low boost 11 second run, then a low 10 or a 9 second pass and they'll send you on your way. Be even more impressive if you just drove away without even having to put it on a trailer. :D

Last edited:
You are correct, there is already at least one 9 sec car that posts here. The car will run 9.90's all day long....You may ask who this is, or when it was done... That is simple.....it was done more than two years ago at Great Lakes Dragaway.... That is one of the oldest drag strips in this world.... Who did this, that's simple......I did it and I can prove it....
You might ask what ,or how ,or whatever you want, but it was done... Best part it was done with a bunch of people watching and filming it...
So where is the proof, that's simple, it is here for all to see....Who did it? that's simple also, I did it with a 35th S.C. that is still running today....
Now here is the fun part of it...it happened.....with a bunch of people looking on.....The fact that it was never posted is because there was no need to do it as it was just for fun.... No bragging rights, just for fun...
This car has even been posted up on this site before....but no one cared how fast it was or is....
So in closing I have to say, "Who will be the NEXT ONE to go this fast"??? Bring on the na sayers if you want.......Rich

Rich

There has never been a SC with 3.8V6 M-90 IRS Aod in the 9's with or without nitrous (EVER) let alone 10.65et we are not taliking V8 with nitrous or turbo charged V8's. We are talking factroy real SC's going 9's the one thing that no one has ever done

Rich

There has never been a SC with 3.8V6 M-90 IRS Aod in the 9's with or without nitrous (EVER) let alone 10.65et we are not taliking V8 with nitrous or turbo charged V8's. We are talking factroy real SC's going 9's the one thing that no one has ever done

If we want to keep it "real" why not say it has to be a 3.8L and can't have a custom stroked crank?

If we want to keep it "real" why not say it has to be a 3.8L and can't have a custom stroked crank?

I don't recall ever seeing Jim mention he's running a stroker. Did I miss something?

I know he's having great results with higher compression and VP 109 fuel, but I can't remember him saying it's a stroker motor.

Rich

There has never been a SC with 3.8V6 M-90 IRS Aod in the 9's with or without nitrous (EVER) let alone 10.65et...

:D Did you just say that your car didn't run a 10.65? :D

Jim, I love how your "criteria" always is an exact match for your car. Nobody else's setup counts. :rolleyes:

-Rod

:D Did you just say that your car didn't run a 10.65? :D

Jim, I love how your "criteria" always is an exact match for your car. Nobody else's setup counts. :rolleyes:

-Rod

Rod

I think you know what I ment there has never been an SC 3.8V6 IRS aod quicker than a 10.569et we just ran. I plan on changing that real soon ;-) I know it bug's a few of people as you but there is lots of others that love seeing my car and others go quicker just like one's they drive. As long as it fits the Top Sc rules who ever get's to the 9's first it will be neat. I know how hard it is getting to the 10.60's going 9's sound's easy but its not no matter what you do Nitrous or not its still a big mountin to climb

Last edited:
I don't recall ever seeing Jim mention he's running a stroker. Did I miss something?

I know he's having great results with higher compression and VP 109 fuel, but I can't remember him saying it's a stroker motor.

Scott

Its no stroker crank like other's say in this engine its a stock 3.8V6 crank re-chromed its never been changed ever sence its birth in 2003. The CMRE main support is helping keep it all together

it is FAST & BAD

:DYeah, but was it real steel, M90, 3.8L V6, no-nitrous..... :D

I believe it, Rich, but I'd like to see more info on the car whenever you get around to it.

-Rod[/QUOTE]

This is an all steel car, no nitrous, just motor and a lot of trick parts.:eek:...us drag racers don't like to give out too many secrets:D
I will tell you this it still has the irs, and the aod in it....This is one that you have to see to understand.....:D.
I guess if someone really wanted to put it on the "WORLD"S FASTEST LIST" that would be ok with the car.....REAL STEEL, NO NITROUS, and there is a " M90" in the car, or what started life as one.........too many secrets already......Rich

Getting into the 9's isn't something that will just happen. Going that fast with a V6 will be quite a challenge. Some will choose different paths to get there and none should be disregarded. 9's are 9's no matter how you slice it. Hell anyone in the 10's deserves a lot of respect!

V8's - na, they don't get no respect around here. :p

PS. If anyone doesn't like the idea of Kevin's solid axle car being the first one into the 9's then there is only one thing to do - beat him getting there! :D

I believe it, Rich, but I'd like to see more info on the car whenever you get around to it.

-Rod

This is an all steel car, no nitrous, just motor and a lot of trick parts.:eek:...us drag racers don't like to give out too many secrets:D
I will tell you this it still has the irs, and the aod in it....This is one that you have to see to understand.....:D.
I guess if someone really wanted to put it on the "WORLD"S FASTEST LIST" that would be ok with the car.....REAL STEEL, NO NITROUS, and there is a " M90" in the car, or what started life as one.........too many secrets already......Rich[/QUOTE]

Rich

What is this? your point?

Last edited:
Rich, are you planning any more mods to your car? I saw you were thinkign about lightning it alot huh ? started life as an m90 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN BAZZLE

I guess if someone really wanted to put it on the "WORLD"S FASTEST LIST" that would be ok with the car.....REAL STEEL, NO NITROUS, and there is a " M90" in the car, or what started life as one.........too many secrets already......Rich

Rich

What is this? your point?[/QUOTE]

did anybody read what Jim wrote before he edited it? it was pretty good. he basically completely contradicted himself. sorry Jim i have been trying to stay out of this, but i couldn't help myself anylonger. he basically said he knows how hard it was to run 11.90 without nitrous.

Last edited:
Rich

What is this? your point?
[/QUOTE]

Kevin

Dont be stupid!

Look at the post real close I didnot write that prove me wrong? I hate crap like this who ever did it is far from normal Rich and his BS. The guy just looks to be in the spot light I hate people like that

Last edited:

-Rod

I guess if someone really wanted to put it on the "WORLD"S FASTEST LIST" that would be ok with the car.....REAL STEEL, NO NITROUS, and there is a " M90" in the car, or what started life as one.........too many secrets already......Rich[/QUOTE]

I like this

Who ever come up with this deal I never wrote this prove me wrong?

don't get me started..You want to explain this

Kevin

Dont be stupid!

Look at the post real close I didnot write that prove me wrong? I hate crap like this who ever did it is far from normal Rich and his BS. The guy just looks to be in the spot light I hate people like that[/QUOTE]

Jim do you want to explain this slander that you just tossed out there???? All I said is that there are already S.C.'s in the 9's... there are people that have seen the cars and even some people have gotten rides.... Watch what you say and stay on the topic or is that not possible???
First into the 9's and there was no big band playing, nor was one needed.... Don't blame me for your typing skills either....Rich

Kevin

Dont be stupid!

Look at the post real close I didnot write that prove me wrong? I hate crap like this who ever did it is far from normal Rich and his BS. The guy just looks to be in the spot light I hate people like that

Jim do you want to explain this slander that you just tossed out there???? All I said is that there are already S.C.'s in the 9's... there are people that have seen the cars and even some people have gotten rides.... Watch what you say and stay on the topic or is that not possible???
First into the 9's and there was no big band playing, nor was one needed.... Don't blame me for your typing skills either....Rich[/QUOTE]

Ok Rich

There is one in the 9's Who? I get tried of this crap you come up with lot of talk no proof of a 3.8V6 IRS AOD M-90 going 9's. This other deal I am not sure what to think of? That post you put up what is that all about? I didnot write that at all that is slander

Last edited:
Jim, I was referring to what you did have posted up on 52 then you quickly edited it and erased it all.

This is an all steel car, no nitrous, just motor and a lot of trick parts....us drag racers don't like to give out too many secrets
I will tell you this it still has the irs, and the aod in it....This is one that you have to see to understand......

Rich wrote that above, I am not saying you wrote that. I liked what you had up for 1 minute then erased it, that is what contridicted yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back