For all you Drag Racers out there.....

XR7 Dave

If you are running slicks then to be NHRA legal you need a drive shaft hoop. While these can be had a variety of places, none fit worth a bean except this one. This is one that Mike Siska had made up when he could not get one to fit his car to his satisfaction. I have used this driveshaft hoop in the past and can testify that it fits perfectly and installs easily. It only requires drilling mounting holes in the floor and can be installed in a couple hours in your garage or driveway.

Cost is just $40 + shipping. They are in stock and ready for shipping.

Check it out, if you don't have one, you need one and these are the best there is.

Send paypal to mdkracing@alltel.net or mail a check/mo to:

Supercoupes Unlimited
6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

Attachments

• Hoop 001a.jpg
    Hoop 001a.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 192
  • Hoop 003a.jpg
    Hoop 003a.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 201
A Satisfied Customer... or just another shill......

Guess I should post up as a satisfied customer that these things really are great. A perfect fit for our cars and worth every buck if you ask me.

In fact, it's cheap at the price. Just ask anyone who has ever seen a car lose a driveshaft at 100+ mph!!

Ira

dont we have 2 drive shaft loops already ? or are those just kinda for show, and not going to stop the big bang of a broken drive shaft ?

The car has yokes back by the gas tank to protect the tank in the event of driveshaft failure but they are not NHRA legal. If you only go to test and tune events and aren't ever subject to tech then maybe it won't matter but to be legal you have to have a loop up by the front of the driveshaft. That's what this is all about. No scare tactics here, just putting the opportunity out there for people to make their cars legal.

Dave although I agree that these are a good idea you still won't be legal as you also need loops on the halfshafts. That being said I will place my order for these with you in the next couple of days.

Charles

Charles, aren't the axle loops required at 10.90? That's what I thought I had read last time. Driveshaft loop is required on all slick tire applications but since we have an upper control arm I thought we didn't need axle loops just because you have slicks.

Charles, aren't the axle loops required at 10.90? That's what I thought I had read last time. Driveshaft loop is required on all slick tire applications but since we have an upper control arm I thought we didn't need axle loops just because you have slicks.

Dave you are most likely correct, I read the section concerning IRS quite awhile ago and don't remember the details. I suppose all of this is a moot point anyway as I doubt I will ever have a cage in my 95 and I feel certain it is going to run better than an 11.49 before the end of this year and hopefuly faster still by early spring.

Charles

so do we need 1 or 2 of these for our cars? And one goes up by the transmission?

One, located within 6" of the front U-joint.

Dave, I've been meaning to make one up for my car, but for $40, I think I'll get one from you and save myself the effort. Whenever you a get a chance, could you email me at rodsv6cougar@cs.com or send me a PM to let me know what shipping will be to 63052? Once I get the total, I'll send you a paypal.

Thanks,
Rod

Received mine over the weekend. It looks to be a well designed piece...well worth the $$. I plan to install it on the car over the winter.

-Rod

Received mine over the weekend. It looks to be a well designed piece...well worth the $$. I plan to install it on the car over the winter.

-Rod

Bought mine directly from Mike Siska when we were at Cecil.. Good guy to deal with and the product is a very well made piece..

Back