94 5.0 stang ?'s

nonono...

id like to know where your buying your stuff but you would be getting your ~~~ ripped paying that much.

if you want power from a 5.0 here is what you do..a guy on my mustang form went to the junkyard...pulled the engine from a explore (99+ P heads) put the cam from his mustang in..had it tuned and put down 292rwhp 332 rwtq and ran a 12.13 at 110.6...now you tell me thats no some serious bang for the buck? 350 for the motor add you cam and you got a 12 sec combo?? id like to see you get anything like that out of a 4.6 for that cheap!!!

ID LOVE to see you do them same with a 4.6 GT.

Prices were for new and were ballpark. As far as the bang for the buck...I will bite, get a 4v from a Mark for a few dimes, stick a 100 shot on it and run 12s. :rolleyes: We can go back and forth all day long. Stock, my 4.6 outruns stock 5.0 birds, hands down. With the few bolt ons I DO have, I can beat stock 5.0 mustangs in my bird as well.

Chris

Got it today and love it... clocked 175miles on it already! better mpg's than the SC for sure even with a heavy foot.. only problems after about 50 miles it threw a CEL code 1443 I'm assuming that this http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=NIE&MfrPartNumber=FS3506&PartType=760&PTSet=A is what i need to fix it?? runs fine... Other than that i have a driveline vibration up around 70mph im thinking driveshaft/u-joint/tranny mount? gonna have to get it up on ramps and check it out... I'll try to get some pics up tommarow.. So far ALOT of fun to drive and great handling for a stang (its got the 17" wheels)

Got it today and love it... clocked 175miles on it already! better mpg's than the SC for sure even with a heavy foot.. only problems after about 50 miles it threw a CEL code 1443 I'm assuming that this http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=NIE&MfrPartNumber=FS3506&PartType=760&PTSet=A is what i need to fix it?? runs fine... Other than that i have a driveline vibration up around 70mph im thinking driveshaft/u-joint/tranny mount? gonna have to get it up on ramps and check it out... I'll try to get some pics up tommarow.. So far ALOT of fun to drive and great handling for a stang (its got the 17" wheels)

P1443 Evaporative Emission Control System - Vacuum System - Purge Control Solenoid or Purge Control Valve fault

Its probably no big deal but it will make you fail emissions if you have emissions in your state.

What color?

Sometimes evap codes come from filling up the tank with the engine running. You could have it reset and see if it comes back on before you go throwing money at it.

Can you run a prochamber H-Pipe http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-9...014QQitemZ330190794930QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW Without effecting the overall loudness of the car?? I want OR H-Pipe but i love the sound the car already has...

i have a pro chamber, flows on my car...its pretty quite...although im trying to figure out what this damn noise is...i think its egr/ smog related but idk...

here ya go... wait about 10 second then you can hear the car over this leak or whatever...

The purge flow sensor is the one that is at the carbon canister. Replace it with a FORD unit beause it comes with the hose and your light will go off.

Chris

The purge flow sensor is the one that is at the carbon canister. Replace it with a FORD unit beause it comes with the hose and your light will go off.

Chris

88's have no check engine lights...only lights the 88's have is a seat belt light reminder when you start the car and thats it.

88's have no check engine lights...only lights the 88's have is a seat belt light reminder when you start the car and thats it.

Sorry, I should have quoted the post. I was refering to post #63 for the CEL on the 96. That PF sensor was a common problem with the Fords about that time.

Chris

Back