Jackshaft Bearing Replacement?

I bought a bearing. I believe the part # was posted earlier in this thread. It's an NSK 885932. The outer race is identicle. The unused shaft out the back is .625 and a little longer that the old one. I just cut it off in case it might interfere with anything. The front shaft is slightly longer than the old one with a diameter of .746 inches. It has a slight step down at the tip (maybee .741 inches) that makes it very easy to start pressing the pulley flange on straight. I machined the hole in the pulley to .750 and everything fit together perfectly. The cost was $67.71 plus 16.39 for shipping. You could probably get it cheaper if you shop around. I just wanted to list a solution for anyone with the same problem. Thanks for the great site and helpful info guys!
Take Care,
-Jeff:

Has anyone found a bearing to fix this problem yet? My Jackshaft bearings are gone and I'm looking for a solution.

-Tim

I sent mine to ESM. You give them a core and they send you a repaired unit. Very fast as I recall. Only 1-2 years ago, so I would think they still do it.

I sent mine to ESM. You give them a core and they send you a repaired unit. Very fast as I recall. Only 1-2 years ago, so I would think they still do it.

I will have to get in touch with them and see whats available - Thanks for the heads up.

-Tim

I've been searching the forums and I can't find a good answer.

I've seen several old posts that say to contact ESM (High Speed Labs) about getting the bearings replaced but I've emailed and called them and haven't gotten a reply in over a week.

Does anyone know how to get these bearings replaced?

Last I recall, efforts to source a (standard) bearing to aid a simple refurb failed and the emphasis was on securing used units that could still be put into service.

Looks like used units go for about $100. I think I'll take mine to the machine shop tomorrow and pick their brains about it. These guys here are pretty good about getting these things to work.

No doubt someone with the proper skills, tools and a recent SKF catalog could fab something up - rarely for as little as USD$100, tho...it's only money, and that is always what this comes down to :)

Back