Jim Demmit jr.

Why IRS?

I feel the IRS is what makes SC what it is changing to a solid rear or changing the front takes away from what the car is and my whole personal goal is going 9's in a factory IRS SC. What Chuck is doing is stablizing the IRS and improving the weight transfer. This is in hope of not going on my lid at 130+MPH that could get real ugly going 124mph at top end speed with the tire shake tire spin and quick darting side to side and back pedeling it was a real treat in itself

Agreed Jim.
Your dad wanted to put the car on top without nos. and just under horse power itself. Looks like Dan new the other half of the puzzle in getting what your dad had built. Kind of like where old school, meets high tech.

Your dad new what is was he wanted in the motor, but I think he needed the help that you have now with the PC tuning to get it where it is now.

Either way your father is going to have the last laugh and a big smile.
I'm glad you made it back after your fathers death to finish what you and he started.

Prop's to both of you and to Dan,Chuck,BJ and the others.

Kurt

all im saying is, I dont think SCCOA fame is worth risking "putting yourself on your lid at 130mph" .. I dont think the IRS is what makes a SC a SC.. I dont sit inside of it and go DAMN IM SURE GLD THIS THING HAS IRS... i think the cool factor is in that its a giant boat of a car, that nobody will ever look twice at. and when you beat them, you can show them a tiny little motor.. thats a SC.. to me at least....

dont kill yahself

all im saying is, I dont think SCCOA fame is worth risking "putting yourself on your lid at 130mph" .. I dont think the IRS is what makes a SC a SC.. I dont sit inside of it and go DAMN IM SURE GLD THIS THING HAS IRS... i think the cool factor is in that its a giant boat of a car, that nobody will ever look twice at. and when you beat them, you can show them a tiny little motor.. thats a SC.. to me at least....

dont kill yahself

Agreed Miller,
I hope that when Jim gets his 9 sec run that he will park the SC for a while.

There is a lonely 57 sitting in the garge that is worth throwing money into than the SC. I'm sure the folk's that are helping Jim would love to get to play with a real pro drag car.

Like I said before "I'd pay to see that car run down the track one more time"
I know there are folk's that new Jim Sr and that car and would kill to see it run again.

Kurt

Last edited:
Bullet Challenger

"Silver Bullet" Update

Things are going as planed we got a new Race Pack system from Baca Racing Dan is going to install it. This will help monitor drive shaft speed exhaust temps we can tell what each cylindar is doing if lean on each run. We can see the run graph after each run cylindar pressures its a trick setup. Dan said this way he can fine tune it at the track bring the run graph up

Chuck is getting his IRS deal going full tilt limiters are installed on front thats a neat setup 2" travel. We will see IRS 60ft in the 1.30's we all got one thing in mind 9.98et 135mph keeping the shinny side up I hope :)

Jim,

You will need more than 2" of travel. A 112" wheelbase car will be hard to do pull wheelstands. Do you know the multiple in the converter you are running? You start out with as much travel as you can and work your way down.

Standard drag racing techniques.

Last edited:
Jim,

You will need more than 2" of travel. A 112" wheelbase car will be hard to do pull wheelstands. Do you know the multiple in the converter you are running? You start out with as much travel as you can and work your way down.

Standard drag racing techniques.

He's done this bore to an IRS car it worked good he dont want the waisted upward movement wants it to go up 2" lift the wheels a little bit all forward movement. The rear IRS he making more ridgid sorta like the old Pro Gas cars long and heavy. Plus this will help the top end problems it will pick the wheels up a little the conveter is a 4500 stall with trans brake it will work perfrect

Care the clarify that remark Al35thsc? Don't appreciate being throw into a "crowd" that supposedly said something I never said....or typed.

Jim, what is being done to stiffen up the IRS like you say? maybe you can show me pictures on the old racecars you described if you can find them , to give me a visual ?

your still not planning to get it on the street again and smogged right? 2" of travel wouldnt do so good with potholes.. eeeek

So....why bring it up Alex?:rolleyes:

Because my friend Kurt here mentioned:
N/Cal and S/Cal from what I read have all but died out........to bad.
and I was pointing out one of the main reaons why we went from a good "club" of a dozen members, several meets at the track at dynos and tech parties, several dozen posts per day, getting the SW club back into participating with SCCoA after they left.....AND I did it all without naming names and without getting too specific about it. You took it as in I was talking about you, for some odd reason and somehow this thread has gone off topic.

calimeet1.jpg

This was the first North South meet we had, the second one had twice as many people.

Now, we have Kurt trying to meet up with Jim's crew to try to restore some form of participation.

Now, don't try and hijack this thread and go to PM if you want to discuss it further.

I did not mean to start something up between the two of you......did know there was a problem! But your right it does not belong here.
N/Cal has been dead evry since I can renenber. It had a couple of good day's but thats about it, thats all I was saying before. I looked at S/Cal and it seemed the same ...for what ever reason./

I will say this though Al,
I sitting here trying to put names to all the faces.

Lets see:
Ron SC, AL, John Shellton,Manny, Jim D,Mark (CHP),Dave R, Wendy, Me,........thats sad, thats all I can remember.........good pic though.

Kurt

Last edited:
As suspected....no GOOD reason since it was not germane to the thread that was started. I agree...any further "discussion" should be done by PM. But I have the information I requested. Thank you.

Have fun Kurt if you guys are able to get together. Hope you get to see a record run by Jim. If not...there is always next time.

Duffy,
Maybe I should say I'm sorry. I did not know there was a problem.

I was just remembing the old days in the SCCOA when we where doing things here in Ca. Can't beleave how many people I have forgotten, how many have moved on and wondering how they are doing now. Folk's like:
Rob Noth, Dave Rainer, Evan....etc.

Al, was right the second meet was even bigger. I remember when we lined the cars up along the back side of the run way. There where some 25-30 cars that meet.
To me those where the good times!

Kurt

Like I said, Buds...no hard feelings. It fell inline with the thread cuz people mentioned So Cal was dead and I let them know why a lot were put off without going into details and being pretty general about it. I talk to some of them and they keep me in the loop about others. Hopefully some day, beers can be exchanged so there are no bruised egos. Mkay?

Names are easy, Kurt!

Top is Ron Randal, Jose, You, I cant remember that guys name but he had a sweet midnight blue SC, then Demmitt although I see an arm behind him, Nikki and Heather (yummy), the guy from JErsey's gf at the time, John Shelton, Anthony, the track gardner, Tinocker and kids, then at the bottom Mark, your wifey, Ron and grandson...from what I hear that kid is a tank!

Seriously, if you guys go to Bakersfield, let us know.

bakersmeet2.jpg

here's part deux...I can't do names. I have all of the pictures.

Check this one out:

Picture_0248.jpg

Got them all full size.

Damn Al, those sure do bring back the memories.
The dark blue was Dave Rainer. We almost got them all....lol
I'm supprised you still have them. Got any of all the cars lined up??

Sorry, about jacking the thread Jim, but I'm sure you understand.........these where good days for Cali.

Kurt

Last edited:
Damn Al, those sure do bring back the memories.
The dark blue was Dave Rainer. We almost got them all....lol
I'm supprised you still have them. Got any of all the cars lined up??

Sorry, about jacking the thread Jim, but I'm sure you understand.........these where good days for Cali.

Kurt

Ask and ye shall receive!

Picture_0235.jpg

Picture_0236.jpg

Picture_0237.jpg

Picture_0238.jpg

Picture_0239.jpg

Picture_0240.jpg

Picture_0241.jpg

bakersmeet2.jpg

here's part deux...I can't do names. I have all of the pictures.

Check this one out:

Picture_0248.jpg

Got them all full size.

Al

Thats some nice pictures nice shot of the Silver Bullet :) We need a Bakersfeild SC Reunion these pictures bring back the fun times we all had together. We will be coming down in March that track is nice good bite good et's and speed

Awsome Al,
You da man thanks.
I can see the wifes SC and mine sitting there in the middle.
I do reconize some of those cars. Was a great day.

Kurt

Back