need help working on my car in south carolina!

marebear82189

so i just moved to south carolina and my SC is giving me problems as usual. it stalls out and when the engine IS turning over before it stalls out, the engine is making a knocking noise like something is loose and moving around. the engine is rebuilt by me and my dad and it sounds to us like maybe a loose rocker arm or valve rod but i hm no mechanic and i can only do so much on my own. when i was rebuilding my car i posted threads on here and found some local SC owners who came and helped me themselves so since i am out of options i figured i would try my luck again on here. I am in myrtle beach, south carolina and really need help on my car so if anyone can help that is near by please give me a call at 443 540 7547. i would really appreciate it because i love my car and if i cant get it running my parents will force me get rid of it which i really dont want to do. Thank you all!!

sounds like something came loose. Sorry to hear, too long of a drive for this guy though. How many miles since the rebuild?

not sure exactly.... been driving it only a little over a year since the rebuild but i have had other problems since the rebuild with brakes, broken spark plug, needs a new thermastat.... nothing too bad though. just looking for someone willing to help me work lol

I am in Charleston, which isn't that far. I am not sure when I can get up there though. What year and what was done to it during the rebuild? Did you check the balancer?

during the rebuild we had to redo the cyclinder walls and the head gasket, brand new main bearings and the basics along with new spark plugs and wires. its been awhile since we did it so i cant remember all the little things we replaced or fixed.... its an automatic '90 with the usual 3.8L V6 supercharged... my dad wants me to sell it and take the honda he got free from a friends but i want to hold onto it for as long as i can since i put so much time and work into and its my first car and i love it... im sure you all understand what thats like lol now i dont have my dad or my friend whos a mechanic to work on it and even though i've worked on it and taken classes in automotive technology i really need help lol

I have an excellent mechanic who does quality work on SCs.....

He has worked on all my SCs and XR-7s and really knows his stuff......

He is in Rock Hill, SC just south of Charlotte.....

I know it is a long way, but I travel back and forth to Litchfield, so maybe we can work something out.....:D

If I were closer I would help out. It kind of sounds like a spun rod bearing from your description. Are you going to be around later or are you going to be busy? I may have some time to call you and try to help over the phone.

Search for Thundercoupe94 here or on tstacc.com. Don't know if he'd be able to help, but he's in Myrlte Beach.
Mike

i have people that can help me over the phone... what i need is someone who can help with the manual work lol. im 18 and struggling trying to live on my own so i dont really have money to pay for it to be fixed... the most i can offer is beer and i nice dinner cause i can cook good lol. i work alot so if anyone calls and i dont answer leave a message with your number and i will get back to you. i work at bass pro so if you help me i can help you out with my employee discount. i get 40% off anything bass pro brand (redhead, natural reflections, world wide sportsman) and 15% off anything not bass pro brand. i just cant afford to tow it anywhere far or take it to a shop. last time i need help i managed to find some really nice people who came over and helped my dad and me work on it so thats kind of what i am looking for now. like i said, i'll cook a good home cooked meal and supply beer if you want to relax afterwards and all lol. i dont have internet, i have to use the neighbors so the quickest and easiest way to get a hold of me is by calling or texting my cell at 443 540 7547. i really appreciate all the responses and would be very grateful for help from anyone who can!

im in sumter which is like an 1 and 1/2 drive.

it sounds like the engine may need to be torn apart. u can use my yard to tear it down. i love takin SC motors apart !

im in sumter which is like an 1 and 1/2 drive.

it sounds like the engine may need to be torn apart. u can use my yard to tear it down. i love takin SC motors apart !

that would be awesome if you could help me out. i could get my friend to help me tow my car there. when would be a good day for you? give me a call at 4435407457 and leave a message if i dont answer because that probably means im at work. give me your number and i'll give you a call. you can email me it if you like at marebear82189@yahoo.com. thanks!!!:D

Back