Thread: (Not mine) 18" 06 Mustang "fanblade" wheels for sale on GTAMC

(Not mine) 18" 06 Mustang "fanblade" wheels for sale on GTAMC

Hey guys

A GTAMC member in Burlington is advertising a set of 06 Mustang 18 x 8.5" fanblade 5-spoke wheels for sale for $450, throwing in 2 of the OEM BFGoodrich 235/50R18 tires with 50% remaining.

http://www.gtamc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42753

These are nice looking wheels, offset is a bit high for our cars. I had some bolted on mine a few weeks ago when my wheels were on my friend's 07 Mustang for the day. You would need some 3/8" to 7/16" thick spacers for the front to clear the spindles. The lug nut holes are large enough to use the "ET" style cone seat lug nuts that have the shank protruding through the wheel face, picking up the thread engagement on the studs that you would usually lose with the wheel spacers. Look at the bottom right on this page to see which style I'm talking about:

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/lug.nuts.page_08

There are some Ford oval logo centre caps that will fit these wheels in place of the running pony caps. I've attached a few shots of my (very dirty) car with the wheels bolted on. The height of the OEM tires in nice, around 27" tall. You could use the pair he has, and then get a pair of 255/45R18 for the rear, or match the front size. These are 5 on 4.5" pattern, so you would have to go with a hub swap to fit these on. Brake caliper clearance is excellent with these wheels, the standard 13" Cobra brakes would be no problem, and I believe that the 00 Cobra R Brembo 13" package would fit too.

cheers
    Ed N.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by fast Ed; 12-11-2007 at 07:05 PM. Reason: add info

The seller is down to $400, if anyone is interested. Cheap way for a hub swapper to get in to 18" wheels!!

cheers
    Ed N.