Silver Bullet 9.989et at 135.303mph run in testing first SC in the 9's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see someone else has been looking this whole deal over as well. ;)

-Rod
Actually no, I'm not. Just answering your questions since I happen to see them. My issues aren't with the car or the ET's or what is being accomplished. In fact having impressed a few pretty knowledgable friends with our 10 second cars in the past, I had them **** in their coffee this morning when I told them about our new 9 second car.

Ira

9.989 - geez. That's all? I thought you do better than that Jim.

:D:D

How come I don't see any talk of pics or videos in regard to this run? If there was ever a time to tape it would have been NOW.

Good job.

Dan and Chuck just wanted to see if there set up was good. Had Jim go to the track with it at the last min, I can understand that.
Jim still is shooting for the 22 nd and we wil get it on video for folk's to see.
He's got a couple of week's to work out what the folk's at the track want in the car now or he can't run. Jim's goinfg to have to spend more money for that next time slip.

I'm thinking that Dan and Chuck want to do better on that time so I' sure there is a little more twiking to do. I think there shooting for a better time.

Hope you can everything ready by the 22 nd Jim. If you can't drop me a email please. I have a few folk's setting that day a side and I don't want them to blow a day off if something comes up.

To be honest Jim I would like to get it on video for SCCOA. It would kind of put a preiod to what folk's think of the SC. That and the members would get a chance to see the run.

urt

Last edited:
I'm skeptical. I would love for you to prove me wrong but this just pushes past my imagination of reality. There's got to be more to the story or something. Running pure methanol? Nitrous? Something is fishy.
I've seen what it takes to go 9.90s and it's way more than 3.8L with a 90 cubic inch blower.

Last edited:
I'm skeptical. I would love for you to prove me wrong but this just pushes past my imagination of reality. There's got to be more to the story or something. Running pure methanol? Nitrous? Something is fishy.
I've what it takes to 9.90s and it's way more than 3.8L with a 90 cubic inch blower.

I kmow it's just hard for some folk's to get past there shoe size some times..........it's coming.

Kurt

Dan and Chuck just wanted to see if there set up was good. Had Jim go to the track with it at the last min, I can understand that.
Jim still is shooting for the 22 nd and we wil get it on video for folk's to see.
He's got a couple of week's to work out what the folk's at the track want in the car now or he can't run. Jim's goinfg to have to spend more money for that next time slip.

I'm thinking that Dan and Chuck want to do better on that time so I' sure there is a little more twiking to do. I think there shooting for a better time.

Hope you can everything ready by the 22 nd Jim. If you can't drop me a email please. I have a few folk's setting that day a side and I don't want them to blow a day off if something comes up.

To be honest Jim I would like to get it on video for SCCOA. It would kind of put a preiod to what folk's think of the SC. That and the members would get a chance to see the run.

urt

Kurt

I will keep you up to date the one thing about Dan, Chuck and Bob there hard core racers and dont care anything about this TopSc deal they think its not worth the bother there out for one thing beating a 9 second Buick turbo charged Grand National and dident want me to post anything. There out to do it and get the job done and we are almost there to beat that Buick

This SFI mandatory requirments NHRA nailed us with going quicker than 9.99et with the AOD and Supercharged engine just got real costly. But I think we will be ok I may need to get with XR7 Dave on a few issues but my PM is not working dave shoot me a PM maybe I can reply to it

Last edited:
I kmow it's just hard for some folk's to get past there shoe size some times..........it's coming.

Kurt

Kurt,

Besides just shooting a video of the car running down the track, how about getting some good shots of the car (engine, rear suspension, interior, etc.)? I think there is less doubt about the actual E.T.'s than what is done to the car to reach those E.T.'s.

-Rod

Jim,

Could you answer the questions I asked above?

-Rod

Sorry Rod

I see a lot of questions if its the IRS one the front and rear suspenshion is stock the only thing he did was add limiters to the front and added some special adjustable rear shocks to limit movement where he can add or lessen kinda neat idea it worked

Jim, are these adjustable shocks, replacing the stock location ones, or were these added in addition to the stock ones

Sorry Rod

I see a lot of questions if its the IRS one the front and rear suspenshion is stock the only thing he did was add limiters to the front and added some special adjustable rear shocks to limit movement where he can add or lessen kinda neat idea it worked

And changing the settings on the rear shocks was enough to change the cars manners from:

First run car left like a rocket pulled the wheels sat it down hit 2nd and it made a hard move toward the center line I shut her down that was wild to say the least. Chuck made some adjustments to the suspension...

To:

...Final run I wanted to make it good I left on the tree we used full converter stall on the trans brake it left real hard with a 1.481 60ft there was no tire spin or shake it went straight down the groove...

:confused:

So stock swaybars, swaybar endlinks, control arms, front shocks, front and rear springs, etc.? All that was changed was the addition of limiting straps on the front and adjustable shocks on the rear? After the whole "just like a stock blower" thing, I just want to clarify what you mean by stock. That's all.

I really hope that you are able to meet the SFI requirements and get a taped run on the 22nd.

-Rod

Takes a lot of stuff to be legal at 9.8 or faster than 135 mph.

Main stuff is an NHRA Certified full cage, window net, scatter sheild for bell housing, SFI balancer (don't think one exist for an early model SC), SFI flex plate and probably a few other things will be needed.

Seroiusly doubt that can be accomplished in less than 2 weeks, to be race ready on the 22nd.

David

And changing the settings on the rear shocks was enough to change the cars manners from:

To:

:confused:

So stock swaybars, swaybar endlinks, control arms, front shocks, front and rear springs, etc.? All that was changed was the addition of limiting straps on the front and adjustable shocks on the rear? After the whole "just like a stock blower" thing, I just want to clarify what you mean by stock. That's all.

I really hope that you are able to meet the SFI requirements and get a taped run on the 22nd.

-Rod

Rod

Nothing was changed swaybars, swaybar endlinks, contol arms, Front shocks, front and rear springs are after market 2" lower the same ones I had forever in the car. Our point was to get it there using stock IRS suspension Chuck added the front limiters and rear adjustable shocks that it. I think we will be ok we have a lot to do in the time we got but it has to be done my NHRA license is on the line one mistake and its 1 year suspension. NHRA tech officials are hard on SFI rules but its there job

Congrats on the run!! I think you have to have basically like driveshaft safety loops or something on the axles also.But I'm not sure.

Jay

How about that video Jim??? You've got all these people around you, working on your car for you i might add....and no video again??? Someone loves abuse...

My prediction :

Something unfortunate will happen to slow down adding the things to pass tech, car will not pass , and will not run for the 22nd. Season will end, with no video.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back