Longtube headers and stainless exhaust pics

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
The exhaust system upgrades are done on the 91. I think it turned out pretty good. Here are some pictures the shop doing the work sent me today.

David

Attachments

• v6tbird_exhaust1.jpg
    v6tbird_exhaust1.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 862
  • v6tbird_exhaust2.jpg
    v6tbird_exhaust2.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 748
  • v6tbird_exhaust3.jpg
    v6tbird_exhaust3.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 687
  • v6tbird_exhaust4.jpg
    v6tbird_exhaust4.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 743
  • v6tbird_exhaust6.jpg
    v6tbird_exhaust6.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 736
More pictures. Not picking the car up until the weather clears up Thursday evening....let you know how it sounds then.

David

Attachments

• longtube01.JPG
    longtube01.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 820
  • v6tbird_exhaust7.jpg
    v6tbird_exhaust7.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 768
  • v6tbird_exhaust8.jpg
    v6tbird_exhaust8.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 1,178
  • v6tbird_exhaust11.jpg
    v6tbird_exhaust11.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 666
  • v6tbird_exhaust15.jpg
    v6tbird_exhaust15.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 674
Lookin good, Dave. You just love those V-Band clamps, huh?

Cost you a pretty penny, I bet. 3" dual to 3.5" mid-section?

Lookin good, Dave. You just love those V-Band clamps, huh?

Cost you a pretty penny, I bet. 3" dual to 3.5" mid-section?

Yes I do love the v-bands... yes dual 3" with 3.5" mid section. Also swapped to later model tank and installed an aluminum DS while it was apart.

David

Wowwww

Very Nice

That is some beautiful work bet its got a nice deep tone SS bet that hit the pocket book a bit hard :) very nice Dave

Looks good David. I might just have to come out sometime soon and take a listen.

Maybe it will stop raining long enough for you to do some WOT testing :)

Last edited:
That is a very well done job there! I can't wait to hear it at the May meet in Dayton....you are going to bring it right David?

That setup will allow you to run some more timing or more boost at the same timing.

I would put it on the dyno and see what happens throughout "X" amount of timing versus boost.

That setup will allow you to run some more timing or more boost at the same timing.

I would put it on the dyno and see what happens throughout "X" amount of timing versus boost.

Casey,

I'm planning to make a couple test pulls before Xmas on the dyno I usually go to, without any changes to the boost or the tune (will monitor boost to see if it dropped any). Next time Dave Dalke is in town we will tweak the tune and test the smaller blower pulley (provides 2.5-3.0 more pounds of boost).

David

I got some really nice ideas off of looking at your exhaust. It will be for my LX but still... I wonder how large of a pipe I can run twins with under the car for the SC...

Chris

I got some really nice ideas off of looking at your exhaust. It will be for my LX but still... I wonder how large of a pipe I can run twins with under the car for the SC...

Chris

Chris,

The guy doing mine thought it would be possible to fit a pair of 3" pipes, but it would be very tight and might require a little rework to the heat sheild.

David

Back