If anybody is looking for an SC

"This posting has been deleted by it's author."

Must've been a good one - looks like it already sold.

"This posting has been deleted by it's author."

Must've been a good one - looks like it already sold.

Yea, It was a nice 93 auto silver with the silver vinyl / tweed interior. Over looked very clean inside and out. No mileage listed, with blown HG. Price $1,795 with them fixing the HG or $900 the way it sits..

Yea, It was a nice 93 auto silver with the silver vinyl / tweed interior. Over looked very clean inside and out. No mileage listed, with blown HG. Price $1,795 with them fixing the HG or $900 the way it sits..

Looks like it's still there... just under a different ad. Salesman probably clicked too many times waiting for it to upload and ended up with dupes... http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/504874554.html

Have you perchance looked at the white 90 in Azalea Park?

No the last thing I need is another SC :D

I know, I'm the same way with Mark VIIIs but that doesn't stop me from checking out every one I see for sale, at least the close ones. ;) I think it's called kickin' tires. I don't need an SC either but depending on what's wrong with that one I may already have the parts to fix it... probably isn't worth it to drive 7 hours to find out.

I saw that car too I'd have it now if I had a cheap way to get it to Tampa. Hope someone in the club gets it looks like a real nice car.

Heh. how is that thing coming?? Mine just sits under it's car cover most of the time.

Well nothing has been done really they have it under covers right now. I guess its true you dont tell body men to take their time cause it wont ever get done :D

Instead of cutting up my front bumper to make it fit I think we decided to use a earlier bumper and put a bullit grill in it we are having a hard time trying to make it look right using my bumper. Its not really the way I wanted it but I think it will look better in the end.

speakin of head gasgets, shoot blew my about 3 wks ago and am still throwing around the idea of puting a 393 stroked 351w in the bird. but that motor is on a stand for now and decided to go with replacing the hg's, however once i came across breaking the 4th head bolt loose on the passenger side, i ran into a semi rounded head bolt. 15mm socket wants to spin off causing a bloody gash in my knuckel, thus leading to an 18in breaker bar and socket landing in the neighbors front yard. any suggestions on getting this thing out without pulling the motor or causing anymore lost tools to the guy next door?:mad:

speakin of head gasgets, shoot blew my about 3 wks ago and am still throwing around the idea of puting a 393 stroked 351w in the bird. but that motor is on a stand for now and decided to go with replacing the hg's, however once i came across breaking the 4th head bolt loose on the passenger side, i ran into a semi rounded head bolt. 15mm socket wants to spin off causing a bloody gash in my knuckel, thus leading to an 18in breaker bar and socket landing in the neighbors front yard. any suggestions on getting this thing out without pulling the motor or causing anymore lost tools to the guy next door?:mad:

Mike,

Sorry to hear about you problems with the head bolts. But don't give up.

Sears has a set of bolt extractors (bolt out) http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00952062000P?keyword=bolt+out that I hear/read work very well. Pick up a set of those and give it a try. If you search this site, you will find that others have had the exact same problem with rounding a head bolt off.

Be sure when disassembling any other head bolts to use a 6-point socket and not a 12-point. The additional surface area a 6-point socket gives you will help prevent the rounded off bolt saga.

Also be sure to use the ARP head stud kit rather than the factory torque-to-yeild bolts. You will thank yourself in the long run.

If you have any additional questions, don't be afraid to ask. I, for one, have done the head gasket replacement more than a few times:D

Good luck

thanks Bryan I just checked them out. looks like they may do the job. i hope so. head bolts are the only thing hanging this tear down up. so once they are out then i can get the heads down to the machine shop and get to cleaning the engine bay area and paint it. the tear down so far hasnt been realy all that bad, not like i had anticipated. working only a few hours a night an one sunday, but only for a few hours. i would like to have it back together asap. causing driving the sport track just aint the same. hehehe.

thanks Bryan I just checked them out. looks like they may do the job. i hope so. head bolts are the only thing hanging this tear down up. so once they are out then i can get the heads down to the machine shop and get to cleaning the engine bay area and paint it. the tear down so far hasnt been realy all that bad, not like i had anticipated. working only a few hours a night an one sunday, but only for a few hours. i would like to have it back together asap. causing driving the sport track just aint the same. hehehe.

If I lived closer, I'd offer to help. I've only done the job 3 times:D Doing the HGs on the SC isn't really that bad after you've done it once. They aren't that different from any other car other than all of the additional stuff you have to get out of the way just to get to them.

What plans do you have for the 393 stroker Windsor? I plan on purchasing a World Products 427 Windsor stroker after the 1st of the year for my 69 Cougar. I understand the Windsor stroker motors are real torque monsters:D

Bryan

plans for the winder is a 40 over block with the 393 stroker kit. .565 lift roller cam, ported an polished explorer heads and a demon carb to start. i was told the same thing about the winders, they make most of their power at around 2700 to 4000 rpms. unlike the 351c makes its power in the 3500 to 4500 rpms. i plan to use the 5spd that i have now, maybe need to have it rebuilt before the beast goes in. i would like to get in the areas of 425hp to 450hp when its all said and done. numbers dont have to be exact. i know HP = BIG $.

Hey Mike,

So you decided to changed out the HG in the SC, would be quicker than the other plan. Everything that Bryan told you is good advice, HG are not that bad and I use 6 point almost all the time now. Been out of town since you posted ( playing in the snow in northern Wis.) Won't be back until mid Jan and just have dial-up here :(

Hope everything goes smooth for you, if you have any questions or anything give me a call on the cell.:D

Hey thanks Flip. HG's for now and hopefuly Jan or Feb start getting the bird ready for the 393. Havent got the extractors yet. Was still trying to make up my mind on whether or not pull the 3.8. With the temps getting into the low 40's...thats cold enuff for me. I am from the desert you know. Have fun, stay safe and HAPPY HOLIDAYS. Catch you when you get home.

Back