Calling South Carolina Member's

ThunderCoupe94

Hello Ya'll,

I have pondered the idea of starting a Thunderbird/Cougar/Mark VIII/Ford Club for South Carolina enthusiasts for a couple of years now. I have some spare time @ the current moment so I am logging onto all the Ford Forums I am registered to to spread the word and find out if people would be interested.

Once I figure out if there is any interest, I am going to buy a domain for the Club & have the web-site and Forums designed by a friend of mine so that we can stay in contact with the locals without having to sift through hundreds of posts on the National Forums for the Ford Vehicles we love.

I wanted t go around and make sure there was some interest before I go ahead and waste time and money on something that has little to no interest in this area.

Personally I am from Longs, SC, right outside of Myrtle Beach, but the Club would be based throughout the entire Carolina's North & South. The Club I am trying to put together is going to include any and all Ford, Mercury, Lincoln vehicles not vehicle specific.

If you feel you would be interested in this idea please respond in this thread of you can email me directly @ JLore21@gmail.com

I look forward to seeing where this leads me in my quest & I Thank You for the space on your board for allowing me to post this.

Jason L.

i'm all for it. im in sumter at the air force base. i've seen 2 other SC's besides mine around here in over 2 years now.

all the SC's are up north so i think its time we started a "gathering" down here.

Big-E probably owns at least 70% of all SC's in the Carolinas :D:p

i'm all for it. im in sumter at the air force base. i've seen 2 other SC's besides mine around here in over 2 years now.

all the SC's are up north so i think its time we started a "gathering" down here.

Big-E probably owns at least 70% of all SC's in the Carolinas :D:p

Come on now.....

It's probably somewhere closer to 65%.......:p

Count me in......:D

Wasup Guys,

That makes 3 of us thus far. I am trying to get somewhere are 10-15 committed people that way it makes the site worth while for us all. Once I have some more committed I am going to pursue the domain name and get that moving forward.

Looking forward to meeting you guys sometime soon!!

Jason

I am usually in the Litchfield area a few times a year.....

We need to hook up sometime.....

Sounds like a plan! Just lemme know, I am always up for meeting new SC Owners :D Been quite a while since I been around the TBird guys & I am starting to have the itch again..

Jason

I am in the process of looking for a domain name and would like your guys input on what you would like to see as a Club Name? Lemme know some suggestions. Once I have this figured out I will look for a Domain & I will probably have or make some Club Business cards so that we can put on Vehicle's we see in the SC area so they know we exist! Remember it will include all FoMoCo Vehicles so nothing Thunderbird Specific. I know that there are people w/ Ford Vehicles here who have them Modded but no clubs in their area so thats where we are gonna come in...

Lets hear your suggestions!

Jason

Last edited:
I'm in! I'm in the Greenville area. It's a good idea to extend from just Super Coupe's. You'd be hard pressed to find 10-15 of them in this state. I had to go to Georgia to get mine. I think I've only seen 2 around here.

Down here its hard to find many TBird's in general let alone an SC that someone actually know what they are driving which is slim to none. Welcome aboard I will continually update this post and keep everyone informed on whats happening with the Web-Site, but first I need some suggestions.

Thanks again for replying

Jason

I guess I'm close enough. :rolleyes: ;)

Glad to have you aboard! I see that this is starting to get some interested people & I have yet to even visit all of the boards I plan. Its just us at the moment but I am working on the other Ford Vehicles as well with the hopes they would like to join us.

Jason

I am down here in Charleston. I am on a local board that has a lot of Lightnings, mustangs and a lot of other different fast cars and trucks. They are always down for a good meet and MB is not that far.

Hey guys/gals,

I have not forgotten about this yet, but it seems as though we are the only ones interested at the moment.

As of right now I am working on opening up a Forum for us but I am having a little trouble figuring out a name for us. I will post the forum information as soon as I figure out a name and get it all set up and going.

Thanks for your interest those who replied!

Jason

I have decided on the following name

Carolina FoMoCo Club, (CFMCC) this way we dont exclude any of the Ford Motor Company vehicles that will be included in this Club.

I am working on setting up the forums at this moment and I will post a link to them when I have them completed

Jay

Unfortunately, we didn't get enough traffic. We only had 3 members, myself, Jason and his wife.
He took it down for the time being.

well im deployed to south korea right now but i'll be back in april. i definitely think we should get something together for the summer months or, even better, the fall.

maybe a track meet ?

I didn't know you were military...

We might could arrange something. Jay sold his SC though and mine's up for trade. We could still get together and hang out though..

yea i'm AF, close to 5 yrs in.

well damn, everybody's gettin out. perm102 is still in charleston, eddie's in charlotte, thunderdave is in Cary, NC. thats 4 of us lol.

Darlington might be kinda far for them and i dont know if Columbia has any tracks

i dont know, i guess we can figure something out.

Back