SBR team meeting for 2008 goals

New's From team SBR

We ended 2007 with a powerful charge into the record books and put California first into the 9's a great effort and great performance mark. We had a team meeting and dinner at the Point Water front resturant with new sponsor for my car and Ray Lucas Pro Mod car that I will be driving in 2008. It looks to be a great year now work will continue full stern after the 1st to meet our new performance ET and Speed goal's for 2008

I had a big set back nothing to do with the car or the team we will beat the odds again we need to keep the Silver thunder moving forward now with help it looks good. We will be testing at Infineon in Sonoma down by the coast the track is good for quicker times and faster speeds due to the cool ocean air at sea level. Sacramento is in the plan as well my hometown record setting track

Happy 2008 Nor-Cal :) Cheers to you and your familys we are ready to watch Dick Clark's celibration on the tube P.S the car ferry's on sac river at high tide or awesome water splashing over the cars

Last edited:
Jim,

Are these dates still valid ?

We want to be ready by the Jan 12th test & tune if not than it will be for sure Sat 19th test & tune and Sunday the 20th NHRA Chassiesworks ET race see if we can win the deal

David

Jim,

Are these dates still valid ?

David

David

Thanks for asking Yes the 19th and 20th Chris Alston Chassisworks ET race we are shooting for low 9.60's. Due to the club response to my efforts and bad sportsmanship and feedback and other challenging clubs looking into this deal. We feel it best to go off line with future lower 9 second runs. If someone beats the 9.989et than our quicker time will be forward to SCCoA with video and other links. Its come to the point due to sponsorship not to have this negitive stuff going on we have been posting on a differaint web site and put into there top 5 as there are other powerful fords in it and get good positive resonse

I will be runing the SC all season off and on between running the Pro Mod 68 Mustang with Alan Johnson power. The effort and time and money we put into getting an IRS, AOD,M90 SC into the 9's we thought would be great for the club and gain good respect in doing so but these guys have shown very poor sportsmanship to one of there own and in the sponsorship eye's its not a good deal at all

I thank you and a few others for there support but its time to look at the big picture for the future of SBR racing. We are moving forward and will keep pushing it quicker and faster in 2008 season

Last edited:
you said you had videos of all of the 10 second runs but you were waiting to put them up. what are you still waiting for. at least prove something, unles it never really happened ?

you said you had videos of all of the 10 second runs but you were waiting to put them up. what are you still waiting for. at least prove something, unles it never really happened ?

Miller

This is what buggs me most this dam club crying over a video seams this club is stuck on video's and cant get it through there head we did it truthful and no BS. I will say this one time only Bob Jenkins Super Stock racer stopped by to see his friend test as they all where on there way to the Super Stock Nationals they taped two of my runs. I keep asking for them to put my two runs on a video my feedback is it will take time to go through all the video and put ours on a separate video

I get dam tried of this they keep asking why is it so importaint this is what you get when you dont have our own video recorder at the time waiting for a copy is BS. My next runs will be on video Cindy Lucas has all the top notch stuff to video of future runs of the Pro Mod and SC plus Kurt Gone14's has offerd to help out in that area

Miller

Plus Dan Sly got proof by going through Tech offical at the time of the 9.989et record run its getting real stupid the questions you all come up with. If you have negitive thoughts and want to be negitive please dont post them keep it to your self in the future and keep the BS off the boards

Last edited:
re

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Why are you posting your trash talk in the Nor-Cal section of the forums Blown347 ?? Go back to Ohio with that attitude. ;)

- Dan

Thanks for asking Yes the 19th and 20th Chris Alston Chassisworks ET race we are shooting for low 9.60's. Due to the club response to my efforts and bad sportsmanship and feedback and other challenging clubs looking into this deal. We feel it best to go off line with future lower 9 second runs. If someone beats the 9.989et than our quicker time will be forward to SCCoA with video and other links. Its come to the point due to sponsorship not to have this negitive stuff going on we have been posting on a differaint web site and put into there top 5 as there are other powerful fords in it and get good positive resonse

Jim,

Does this mean you won't be inviting people like Kurt to the track to see the car run and make a couple videos, as was originally planned ?

David

Jim,

Does this mean you won't be inviting people like Kurt to the track to see the car run and make a couple videos, as was originally planned ?

David

David

Yes same plan as before but may not post the quicker time until a latter date seeing how things go here. We are not to thrilled of the response from the last record run from the SCCoA members

David

Yes same plan as before but may not post the quicker time until a latter date seeing how things go here. We are not to thrilled of the response from the last record run from the SCCoA members

Jim,

You would get a much better response if you had a witness or a video or even a few pictures of the recent mods to the car. If I posted a couple of 9.7 time slips, I think you would expect me to back it up with more than just my word.

I think you did run the times, I would just like to see more info about how it was done. Pics of the supercharger rotors, the 40% cog drive, new fuel injection system and the new cage would really help people to understand that you are the real deal.

David

Jim,

I Follow Your Threads All The Time And Am Happy With Your Accomplishments With Your Silver Bullet. Your Father And You And Your Crew Did Great Things With That Car And It's Now Paying Off. I Have No Doubt That You Have Made The Runs That You Claim But In The Same Respect You Have Promised These People In This Club Over And Over That There Will Be Videos Of These Great History Making Runs, So I Really Don't Think If Fair Of You To Get An Attitude With The Club Members If They Would Like You To Show Them What You Promised. This Is Really A Great Thing And You Can't Really Blame These Club Member For Wanting To See It Happen. Keep Up The Good Work But It Would Be Nice If You Shared With The Rest Of Us Instead Of Just A Posting Of A Time Slip. We Would All Love To See That Car In Action. Good Luck With You Goals.
Just My .02 Cents.

Mike Irving

Last edited:
Thanks Guys

Thanks for the input!

We will have the video ordeal coverd this next time I might be posting some blower pictures and other stuff soon. We have two other new challengers comming into play soon I posted in So-Cal forum they both want to whip my butt one is real serious about 8's. That is one of the BIG reasons I dont go plastering pictures all over the forum. I know there is many that would like to see what we have in depth as to build a setup the same I understand that

Not to many have the money or resorces to run low 10's let alone 9's once we ran 9.989et it opend a can of worms it seams to new challengers not yet posting until they run quicker. The deal we got in response by a bunch of SCCoA members was un-sportsman the other clubs cought wind of it looked into this site it made this club as whole look real bad in there eye's

This may be hard for some to understand lets hope in the future this dont happen again if someone els runs 9's that would be neat I will be the first to send Congrats in a very positive sportsman manner

Last edited:
All web sites have there button heads, there is no way around it.
We just learn to take it with a gain of salt and move on.

The offer still stands to video a run or two if you want Jim, if not I'm not going to worry about it.
If you and the crew feel that this is not in your best intress I have know problem with that.

But what ever way it turn's out in 08 have fun.....I'm going too.....gone riding!

Kurt

Back