Dyno Test with nice results

Sweet motor but not really all that impressive when it comes down to it. We made 830hp on our 393" SBC (old school 23 deg heads) recently and over 900hp on the 368" SB2 with a mild drag race cam. The SB2 is capable of another 100hp but we decided to make it bulletproof reliable instead (for bracket racing). :D

Sweet motor but not really all that impressive when it comes down to it. We made 830hp on our 393" SBC (old school 23 deg heads) recently and over 900hp on the 368" SB2 with a mild drag race cam. The SB2 is capable of another 100hp but we decided to make it bulletproof reliable instead (for bracket racing). :D

SBC

I know the SBC can make some serious HP Rick Worthington with his blown SBC with 1471 was running well with the West Coast Pro Mod. And the Korbel 62 Chevy with SBC matched well in Top Sportsman class with Nitrous. Plus there is one with steel heads running in Comp class dragsters along with others in Pro ET

Hemispherical combustion chambers are the most inefficient chambers available, unless ran as a closed chamber.

A widely available 460-C head, which has been in existence for a while, makes around 1000hp to 1100hp. Maybe if those guys were actually smart then they would have ran a factory stroke with a 4.500 bore. Everyone thinks more cubic inches means more HP. They wasted some time and money.

Jon Kaase's standard 300cc Ford head will make 900HP fully ported.

My 428CI Pontiac Comp motor even makes 1200hp. I wouldn't call a 10,000 RPM motor reliable for bracket racing, though.

Small blocks.....Psshhhh

A Hemi head for the 3.8L..... interesting. Hemi's have always done best with forced induction so I'm thinking that might work out well. Although there is always the 4.5L V6..... ;)

Back