Summer BBQ and Cruise night

ve3lt

I have a suggestion........

How about the long weekend in July we meet in St.Catharines at my Marina for the day.
http://www.stcatharinesmarina.com/index.shtml
We can have a BBQ there and I can take people out in the boat for rides during the day.

In the evening we can all get in our birds and do a few laps in Niagara Falls and hang out at Cruise Night there.

For those of you that do not know, Cruise Night in Niagara is awsome on any given Sunday night,(ask around) but the long weekends we see upwards of 800-1000 hot rods in town sometimes. It would be so cool to "cruise the Lane" (Lundy's Lane) in a big group of TBirds and then go hang out with the rest of the piston heads later on by taking over a good portion of the parking lot with all birds!

I thought I would get some consensus here...any thoughts? By the way there is Camping available at the Marina right on the lake. It's very nice there with all ammenities such as new showers, restauraunt etc for anyone who might consider staying overnight.

Making a day of it I figured we could do the boating thing,
then cruise night,
and then later come back and have a big bonfire at the beach to finish off the evening. BRING YOUR LAWN CHAIRS!!!

By the way there is Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake and also the Welland Canal, all ten minutes from each other so there is lots of other things to do as well for you visitors!

Who's in?:D

Let the list begin....................................EVERYONE WELCOME.

Tom...

Last edited:
That one is really easy for me to make.. considering I'm at No Frills every sunday anyways! I'm in.. would be a wicked long weekend that's for sure..

Thanks for posting High Octane...
I know you can vouch for me regarding cruise night on Sundays in the Falls as you are from Thorold. Sundays are always awsome in the summer.

by the way...were you in your black Lincoln on Saturday on the 403 in Brantford area heading to Hamilton? How many Black Lincolns can there be????:D

Tom, that sounds like a great idea. I'd suggest that you either bump this thread, or start a new one, as we get closer to the time, maybe around 3 - 4 weeks beforehand.

cheers
Ed N.

Good idea Ed. I will do that for sure.

At least this way there is a lot of time in advance for people to make plans for the summer.

thorold?? :eek:
I'm from the falls.. that's the other Jamie that's from thorold.. V6sprout.. I can't believe you'd disgrace my name like that! haha
Yeah the cruise nights in the falls are always a good time.. especially on long weekends, ~~~~ can get a little crazy!
It definately wasn't me on the 403, my car's been parked at my buddies shop since last tuesday waiting to get certified, lowered and tuned up. Although we will have to get together for a black lincoln photoshoot.. I've got some wicked spots in the Niagara region. I actually found another black '97 in fort erie last week.. some old dude drives it, looks like it just rolled outta the showroom.

Back