1992 5.0L XR7 w/Xenon Kit FOR SALE (not mine)

sumzxr7

Hi.

My old 1992 5.0L XR7 is up for Sale --- NOT MINE ANYMORE --- (with the Xenon Body Kit) and Wayne's old ROH rims.

I am posting this for my friend - the current owner -

He is willing to sell it as is, as it does require some body work..the motor and tranny (255K) are fine, its the body and overall structure that WILL need some attention to.

I don't know if he is willing to part it out, as it does have the High Output 5.0L (runs amazing) and a set of newly skinned seats (3 years old) as well as 2 1/2 Flowmaster straight pipe Exhaust..and High Flow Magnaflow Cats..

Its been sitting for sometime (a YEAR or so) but my friend starts it up everyonce and while.

He did mention that was looking for $1500 AS IS.

Here are some old pics of the car as it stood 3-4 years ago.

ccc.jpg

new_rebuild1.jpg

car.jpg

new_rims3.jpg

seat_new1.jpg

seat_new.jpg

car2.jpg

PM or reply to the post..

Regards

Last edited:
The car is auto..it also has Eibach lowering springs..1.5"...

I am pretty sure he is open to parting it out..the car would make a good donar car or a good project for someone with body work exp.

Regards

how much for the seats, and does he have the rear to match? Also how much for the xenon front piece? I don't want the side skirts or rear, just the piece that attaches to the front bumper.

how much for the seats, and does he have the rear to match? Also how much for the xenon front piece? I don't want the side skirts or rear, just the piece that attaches to the front bumper.

The rear seat is all blk...factory leather.

As for a cost, I will have to get back to you on this.

The front bumper - Is the full front bumper and not a front clip. Are you still interested? Even if you are I don't know if the shipping charges are worth the hassle for you since you live in the U.S. and the car is located in Toronto.

What kind of bodywork does it need? How bad is it?

Mike

The floors need some work, as well as the rockers..this will require pulling off the side skirts (which have been blended into the body work of the car - for a factory like finish) I am also sure that once they are off, you may not be able to re-use them ..the rockers were redone 4 years ago, but it wasn't the best job....the skirts hide a lot of the rot..

I didn't realize when I responded that you were in toronto. Shipping on the seats is probably going to be a lot. Unless you would be interested in pulling the skins off and sending them to me? I have black leather SC seats right now, but my car has a black and silver thing going on, so those would fit in perfectly. As for the front, I thought the lip was something that got attached to the factory bumper. Am I wrong on that one? I figured if you could pull it off, shipping wouldn't be too bad. Even if it is the whole front bumper, I might be interested, depending how bad shipping is. Get me some prices for the various options and we'll go from there. If its cheaper to send it to a business instead of a home address, or even if I have to pick it up at some shipping depot, that would be fine by me too. Also I want the grille and header panel, and headlights. Let me know some prices. Thanks.

Mike

Sounds like you should just fly up, buy the car, drive it back, take what you want and part the rest.. call it an adventure.. :) .

Dave.

I didn't realize when I responded that you were in toronto. Shipping on the seats is probably going to be a lot. Unless you would be interested in pulling the skins off and sending them to me? I have black leather SC seats right now, but my car has a black and silver thing going on, so those would fit in perfectly. As for the front, I thought the lip was something that got attached to the factory bumper. Am I wrong on that one? I figured if you could pull it off, shipping wouldn't be too bad. Even if it is the whole front bumper, I might be interested, depending how bad shipping is. Get me some prices for the various options and we'll go from there. If its cheaper to send it to a business instead of a home address, or even if I have to pick it up at some shipping depot, that would be fine by me too. Also I want the grille and header panel, and headlights. Let me know some prices. Thanks.

Mike

I don't like flying. Maybe I could get someone to drive up with me, and drive the car back. I'll see what it costs to ship what I want first. As it is, I have too much stuff in my garage, so if I bought another parts car, that would be a step in the wrong direction.

In box is clean now..Trevor, feel free to email me again.

As for the rims, there is one problem..the lock nut used to take off the nuts for the tires broke..my friend has tried everything within his power to take them off, and nothing has worked.

Protect the rim and cap and then mig tack a regular nut through the nut's centre hole to the top of the lock nut.
Hopefully anti-seize was used when installed and/or the mechanic didn't have his impact wrench set to Schwartznegger. :eek:

Bruce

If you can get the car to a rim shop most of them have a universal removal tool. It's like a deep impact socket, but when you look inside it has a cone shaped set of teeth. They pound it on and hit it with the impact, and voila, off comes the lock nut.

seats and rims

Hey,

Interested in seats and possibly rims if they can come off.... if you could grab prices would be great. Would pickup as well....

thanks

Jared

Back