1995 Ford Thunderbird, the twins!

Thunder95

Well, I picked up a new car finally. Seriously this is a God sent car, been praying for it for a while now! What she is...

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX
4.6L SOHC V8
Vibrant (Performance) White Clearcoat
Medium Graphite Interior
All options besides:
Leather (I have seats anyway)
Keyless (It has an aftermarket alarm/keyless system)
Spoiler (=ghey)
T/L (Damn, but adding soon)
She's got the moon roof, auto lamps, traction control... everything down to a T of what the old bird has. Only difference in stock form was a 3.08 in the old car to a 3.27 in the new.

Mods:
JET chip
4.10's
Wheels/tires
Aftermarket alarm
Intake work
Flowmaster catback & tips
Eibach boings
Sound system
Shaved trunk lock
97 Clear corners

15.8 by previous owner.

Here's the kicker though... 33,000 original miles when i picked her up.
"NICE"
2007-05-24T005034Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKEN-UK-BOOKS-BORAT.jpg

Found her in Omaha off Craigslist, original owner papmered her... garaged and not winter driven since '97. This baby is like brand new on the inside. 1 little tear in the headliner, covered by the visors. Very nice car. I'll be using it as a DD for a while, and hopefully she'll have a garage soon.

My plans for the car:
95 SC Gfx
97 Hood (possibly custom/scooped) and headlights
GTS Solar wing
18x8 Fondmetals w/nitto summer tires
17x7.5 Miglias w/nitto winter tires
13"/11.65" Cobra brakes
3.27-3.55 TL
Remove chip
Trans cooler
Redo exhaust, dual center out MK8 tips
Work interior, using most of the old stuff, adding carbon fiber & brushed aluminum accents. Refurb the tweedies, have covers dry cleaned and convert rear seat to rear fold down. Also adding heated seats. Custom handbrake/cupholder console. Switching over the old sound system and finishing it off (w/ navi). MK8 visors w/ homelink. Blue LED's light conversion throughout, guage cluster mods TBD. Then, just ENJOY. (Turbo/vortech later)

Now, the BIG question... good old rusty. My goal is to get a welder, and a grinder, and just go to town on the rust. Strip her down, see if it's worth fixing. If so, then it's a FULL restomod. New YZ paint, chrome/suede/custom interior, 04 Cobra powerplant, hubswap... etc. Hopefully this will be done by the end of 09. Doing a lot of the work myself, maybe all? If she isn't worth it... then sell or pick n' pull.

Longest post ever. Thank you for your time.

-Joel

Amen :) The bracing that WE use to stop the wheelhop becomes a lot less significant at say 550hp. Lol.

Can you say fully locking diffy? Custom braces if needed after that? Hell, I don't even know what trans I am going to use yet, guess I shouldn't trash talk too much. I have a while to figure it out though.

i'll race you in the spec-v :)

What does this mean?

-Joel

Lol, Went and looked back at some old e-mails....

This is a type-o I found lol....
I will be running the 3.3 pulley. I'm not sure exactly how much PIS that will put out, but it should be somewhere near 11

Also, its .020" over, balanced, and blueprinted. Did not know that either.

Lol, Ok, To be fair, I knew it at one point... I just forgot :rolleyes:

Pleasant suprise though. Would definately do business with Jim again. You should call him for your motor ;)

Lol, Ok, To be fair, I knew it at one point... I just forgot :rolleyes:

Pleasant suprise though. Would definately do business with Jim again. You should call him for your motor ;)

If I go whipple I intend to. Kinda hard to justify spending that much more on him though, when I can get an 04 Cobra motor, already forged and assembled for $6-$7k including eaton. Usually with mods too, like porting, pullies, etc. It's be that much from him or more for just the long block. Oh the wonders of the dohc.:rolleyes:

-Joel

Back