hey there, need a 5spd, sacramento area....

slipknot1212121

as it says, I need a good tranny,mine is grinding second and hard shifting,I did a 5spd swap with everything from pick and pull, and i think the tranny is bad....soo Lookin for a good 5spd, thanx btw my car is a 93

well thats an option also...how much are 5spd rebuilds goin for these days?I think there cheaper than to have an auto rebuilt..the reason I did the 5spd swap was because my auto burnt od and wouldnt shift past 2nd....and i always wanted a 5spd..goin from auto to manual you can definatly feel the difference in power hittin the ground!!gettin off base,rebuild as an option, anyone know any good places to get a m5r2 rebuilt in sacramento area??thanx

as it says, I need a good tranny,mine is grinding second and hard shifting,I did a 5spd swap with everything from pick and pull, and i think the tranny is bad....soo Lookin for a good 5spd, thanx btw my car is a 93

Try this

All Ford Recycling off Sunrise Blvd on Recycle way they have lots of SC's I think Kurt Gone14s has there number

hey kurt, long time no uhh, type?? Do you know what a rebuilt trans goes for? Do you have there number?thanx again.I need my sc turnin tires again...as I have already been teased with my car,kickin the rear out sideways in second with minimal effort!! now i just need a trans thats doesnt grind.thanx

Ford Auto recyclers in R/C info. should have the #.
Around 425.00 for a rebuilt trans with exchange for core.

Kurt

thats it?!?!? Well I guess I found out what im gonna do! I was thinkin it was gona be around 800-1000!!Now that i think of it, I think i got the extra money to do it now!!woohoo!!thanx a lot guys!!

p.s. kurt,I know you got rid of your bird, and you bought a cat??? still have it??
I remember the drive around town you took me on like it was yesterday!!!that was like 5 or 6 years ago by now.....

Well ,more proof, nothin goes my way.. anyways gave them a call and they said around 450 plus core charge of 100, which is fine, but then they told me thats for just a used one and not rebuilt,the guy chuckled and said "more like a grand for a rebuilt one" so damn back to square one.So now If its 450 for a used one, isnt it the same difference as gettin one at pick and pull for 100?? sure the pick and pull one might not work,as i already know. but if it doesnt i can take it back and get another one.Now if i go spend 450 on a used one are they gona tell me its used and as-is??or do they have some sort of warranty??I would think they should??

Rob, will let you return it for another. I have never had to return anything that I have bought from them even though they said I could.

Ask questions...............

Kurt

Back