1995 SC 5-Speed 51k miles

Fire1970

1995 Thunderbird SC 51k miles $8,400b/o -- 5-speed, black, grey split-leather interior, . I bought the car in August of 2000 with 15k miles on it. Stored winters, always serviced with full synthetic oil (usually Mobile1). The transmission syncro needed to be replaced 3 summers ago. I had them put better brass ones in instead of the paper ones and a new clutch was put in at that time also. Tinted windows 50% front sides 18% behind the driver. Lowered 1½ inches with an Eibach Pro-kit. I still have the original springs to go with the car. New tires with less than 1000 miles on them. Aftermarket Sony fold down CD player. Originally outfitted with Fords Premium Sound system which I also still have. Thanks for looking...

Chris Peterson
e-mail: christopher.peterson@hotmail.com
call or text: 952/212-1625

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 716
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 646
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 629
  • Trunk1.jpg
    Trunk1.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 540
Msg from TXSC about it in 3....2.....1...... :D

What a beautiful specemin! Great on you for having all of the original parts as well!

wow! beautiful bird there good luck with the sale if i only had another 5 grand more it would be mine haha, where in mn are you located?

bump!

If you had read the first post more carefully, you would of seen that the price of $8400 is listed, and the car is located in Minnesota.

Thomas

This is a nice SC, and I would love to have another one, but it's a 13 year old car, and the NADA high retail is showing $4,575....and that's including a $1,000 add for the low mileage. I think it should be worth more, but it's just not. It's going to be a long time before these cars are appreciated by the big money buyers. JMO.

It is worth whatever somebody will pay for it. Seeing as it is such a coveted car I don't imagine he will have trouble getting what he asks. (Or at least close to it.) Especially if he is not in a hurry to sell it.

As for the car itself, all I can say is... drooool. :)

Good luck. I hope you find a good home for it.

i will never buy a blk vehicle again.......any other color and i would pay close to his ASKING price no doubt.

BUMP for a very clean 95 5spd:)

This is a nice SC, and I would love to have another one, but it's a 13 year old car, and the NADA high retail is showing $4,575....and that's including a $1,000 add for the low mileage. I think it should be worth more, but it's just not. It's going to be a long time before these cars are appreciated by the big money buyers. JMO.

You can throw away the NADA book when dealing with these cars. My 89 is easily worth twice the NADA listed value, and I wouldn't take 3X. The market for low-mileage, original, nice SC's is above NADA book, and that's a fact. One look at eBay alone will show that the premium cars are changing hands for well above "book".

Even at current market values, we're not talking "big money" for these cars. The highest I've ever seen one sell for is $20K for an untitled dealership car with 000007 miles on the odometer. Most <5000 mile cars are going for between $10K-$12K; certainly not big money for a collecter car by any standards. They'll go up over time. How far remains to be seen, but the originals will be worth the most.

Collector cars are worth whatever the buyer and seller agree the transaction price is. A retail market book is practically useless...

JD

You find a nice unmolested supercoupe, you keep it stock. Looks like this is the car you've been waiting for Jerry, good luck.

You can throw away the NADA book when dealing with these cars. My 89 is easily worth twice the NADA listed value, and I wouldn't take 3X. The market for low-mileage, original, nice SC's is above NADA book, and that's a fact. One look at eBay alone will show that the premium cars are changing hands for well above "book".

Even at current market values, we're not talking "big money" for these cars. The highest I've ever seen one sell for is $20K for an untitled dealership car with 000007 miles on the odometer. Most <5000 mile cars are going for between $10K-$12K; certainly not big money for a collecter car by any standards. They'll go up over time. How far remains to be seen, but the originals will be worth the most.

Collector cars are worth whatever the buyer and seller agree the transaction price is. A retail market book is practically useless...

JD

Really? Can't say I agree these Super Coupes just are not commanding much more than book with the exception of 95 5speeds and Anniversary and perhaps super-low mile units (like say 30K). You're right it's about what buyer and seller agree but it appears to me buyers are scarce and don't think our cars are worth that much more than book/

Hey

Well, on owning a 95 5-speed car as well, these WILL be worth something in the future. I bought mine for $6500 and it needed a motor!!! (had a rod knock). Anyway, the whole thing is if you can find a mint car (like my 94 auto I just sold), and you want it, get it. Only 574 of these cars made and how many are still around.

I love your car and hope it finds a great home. Such low mileage is a rarety and should command a higher price.

As far as NADA or any of those "value books", Grundy valued my SC's at over $14,000.

I would say if you are interested in an SC that is a fun car, look at this one.

Hope is sells to a good home.

Don

Thanks for all the comments. I have not made any modifications to the engine. I am located in Minnetonka (West suburb of Minneapolis). Sorry to all of you who have called or e-mailed that I have not gotten back to yet...I will. Since the car is currently stored for winter I don't really have access to take other specific pictures. Here are a few more though, and I do have even more pics if someone wanted me to e-mail them.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 177
Really? Can't say I agree these Super Coupes just are not commanding much more than book with the exception of 95 5speeds and Anniversary and perhaps super-low mile units (like say 30K). You're right it's about what buyer and seller agree but it appears to me buyers are scarce and don't think our cars are worth that much more than book/

Forget NADA, forget KBB, forget whatever the hell 'book' is... I couldn't disagree with you more. I bet you there are at least a half dozen people on this site right now looking that this car and thinking it is worth every penny of the asking price if not more and if the timing was right it would be sitting in their garage right now. Myself for starters. Forget collecting a late model car as an investment too. Show me any car made in the last 30 years that unless you park it brand new in a garage for another 20 years will get you back only it's original purchase price when you sell it. Maybe a Grand National or GNX? You better buy a 60's muscle car if that's your goal. So with that in mind, what car can you buy nowadays for 8k with only 50k miles on it that you'd rather drive? This is a beautiful, well kept, rare car. It might not have a buyer waiting on every street corner, but there are plenty of them out there in my opinion.

Very nice car man, you'll get your price, just hang in there. Selling a car is so hard and it doesn't make you feel any better when someone pisses all over your thread.

beautiful car. i agree, this car is rare, and there might be 1,000 people willing to pay 4,000 for this car as book says.. but there are also a few that realize just how scarce these things are and appreciate the actual value of them.

(this coming from a 95 5-speed owner)

good luck with the sale. wish my baby was in that excellent condition. :)

Back