what the best source for??? white face gauge's

Scott Hrbacek produces just about any layout that you could ever want onto gauge faces for MN12's (as well as some other vehicles). If you do a quick search over at TCCOA under "Scott's gauges" you'll find quite a few threads filled with happy customers. His screenname at TCCOA is scotthrbacek, and his website is: www.customgaugefaces.com.

I had him design the gauge faces in my XR7 to match the Autometer Ultra-Lites elsewhere on the car, with a few special touches.

-Rod

Attachments

• drivers view.JPG
    drivers view.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 128
only prob i see with these is that the rpm gauge is on the wrong side???? or is that just how the pic is takin?:eek:

but some just like that is pretty much what im wanting

and what about the arms for the gauges can i get thos in diff colors????

Each gauge is separate and has its own wire to activate the "glow" green and blue can be selected in the colors. the factory black gauges can be left alone and those overlayed on top. if you leave the factory backlight bulbs inplace the needle will light up white just like stock. Or paint the needles red or blue with hobby paint to get it to light up that color. Or change the stock #194bulbs.
Make sure your speedometer is like they picture. Ford changed the 120MPH speedo twice tru the years. the 55-60 is in a different spot. Then you have the 145MPH but thats a different topic.

Each gauge is separate and has its own wire to activate the "glow" green and blue can be selected in the colors. the factory black gauges can be left alone and those overlayed on top. if you leave the factory backlight bulbs inplace the needle will light up white just like stock. Or paint the needles red or blue with hobby paint to get it to light up that color. Or change the stock #194bulbs.
Make sure your speedometer is like they picture. Ford changed the 120MPH speedo twice tru the years. the 55-60 is in a different spot. Then you have the 145MPH but thats a different topic.

so they are just showing the face's not really how they go in the car??????

well how do i tell if mine is the same gauge style?? just by looking?

so the greenish stock glow is from a color piece (like the white face piece) and that i got to change that to get the blue color..

but ether way i like white face's

anyone got any pics of this apart so i can fully understand??? i think i got it but.. a pic would help tons

so they are just showing the face's not really how they go in the car??????

well how do i tell if mine is the same gauge style?? just by looking?

so the greenish stock glow is from a color piece (like the white face piece) and that i got to change that to get the blue color..

but ether way i like white face's

anyone got any pics of this apart so i can fully understand??? i think i got it but.. a pic would help tons

It will come with a swich and what you see blue you can turn green. Red stays the same color.
You have to take your cluster apart to know how it goes toghether. then you will go Oh Ah. These are just faces and they overlay the stock gauges. THe stock gauges will have the black face overlays.

I think ford changed them in 93..The 120MPH gauge till 96 on the LX.
89-92 Should be the same. Since you seems to have a 92 make sure you just compare by looking at them, maybe you have a 93 speedo in there. Ford does weird things.

Last edited:
Your stock cluster has incandescent bulbs that illuminate the back of the stock black faces and light filters tru the white openings including the needle. If you order the gauges it will block this portruding light and it uses its own power to give the glow effect. you will have to wire the new gauges with a + and - from the gauge lamp wire. That charge will power alittle converter that sends juice to the gauges giving it a glow effect and no longer needs the factory #194 bulbs that the stock faces uses. The little converter has a switch that will change the current on the gauges and that changes the color. So you get blue and green with the purchase of one set of gauges.

thanks just bought um.... haha

so i did notice that it has a 140mph speedo.. how could i get it to read right...

if i cant im not to worried cuz my speedo is off (because i didnt buy the gear for the 3:73 mod)

so ether way owell... :eek:

PM me your email and I'll send you the file that I have that goes over calibration for a new face. Its the same thing that I plan on doing as well.

Back