Are Cougers all Gone?

shawpdx1

Ive been looking for a couger I dont think theres any left how many years were they made? in the sc form? 89-90?

The 89-90 XR7's were the only ones offered with the 3.8L SC engine. AFAIK, there were only 4,463 89 XR7's and 4,129 90 XR7's produced. Eighteen years later, there aren't all that many left around, though quite a few of us here at this site own one or more.

-Rod

Ive been looking for a couger I dont think theres any left how many years were they made? in the sc form? 89-90?

Should have been here this time last year. I sold my 30K mile, all original, 90 XR7...

JD

Watch the for sale forum, you see them fairly often. A guy in my town just sold his 89 XR-7 to a guy on here on the forums a few weeks ago. Tough to find nice ones like that anymore.

Wanna sell one :D I'll even throw in some free tuning for the others...... :p

None are for sale. ;) The first one I bought in 1990 and we have over 200K on it. My wife would kill me and then divorce me if that one went away.

The second one is a one-owner car that I picked up recently from someone leaving the country. It was treated with loving care before I got it and I intend to make this my personal car (my wife stole the first one from me).

The last one is the daily driver. I figure why deprive myself of a nice car just because the other ones are safely under wraps for the winter, right? Actually the sad thing is that the daily driver is the most rare of the bunch. 1990 5spd, black on black leather, fully loaded. But it has high miles and some rust so I'm not sure what the ultimate destiny of this car will be. The worst thing is I may drive it into the ground. The best thing is if I have the opportunity, I will restore it as time and money allow.

yeah I need to get one and park it. I also have my eye on a 35th thats been sitting for 5 years now. not sure whats wrong with it but hey its a good pet to have

I bought my 89XR7 brand new when I was 27 and now I'm 46 and it does not see winter as it sits in my garage.It has a dent in the door and I have a brand new door from ford in the box down stairs along with every single moulding for the car and name plate brand new in the ford packaging,all bodyside mouldings including the supercharged fender mouldings,new cats in chrome for the quarter pannels,strips for the bumpers(the ones that turn white)and all the chrome name plates XR7 for the fenders and Mercury Cougar XR7 that go on the tail lights,new OEM door handles.One day when I get the motor to the power level that I want then I will paint the car and use all these new parts and it will look sweet as day one again as it has all the original paint at the moment and go figure I am a bodyman so you figure I would have done this by now but noooo.All well it will happen one day! I love my 89xr7 black with grey interrior 5-speed,as it has to be one of the cleanest XR7's I have ever seen.

Love the 89 xr7's black being my favorite color. Glad to see you plan on keeping her!. If only my 87 held up so well in my driveway. Seems everything falls on her

I have a oxford white on blue leather 5 speed car, its pretty much loaded and its been in the family since new.The car has under 100 K or 65 miles and has been sitting in a heated garage for the last 10 years,I having been working on it slowly and will be getting a full resto......I want this to look like the day it came off the line, and it will.

Back