Personal bests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single #1 SC record setting run been video taped, or displayed in front of many many SCCoA members (usually at SCCoA events), or both. So, Dave, why do you think Jim should be given special treatment?

As long as Jim continues to think so little of the other members, that we don't deserve any substantiation of his claims, then the general cynical responses will also continue.

No, actually Coy Miller got significant hassle for his (then) record setting runs. When he ran 11.50's (off spray) people didn't believe it. He didn't offer any proof of it and it wasn't until he ran 10.8's at the '04 Shootout that people shut their mouths.

What this boils down to is that people think that by not believing it is true, that they can make it not true. And by giving Jim an abnormally hard time about it they can somehow further their efforts to make what they believe to be true - truth. Its a form of mob mentality.

I'm not even here defending Jim's times. I'm defending his right to post things on this and other threads that are on topic without it turning into a big battlefield. I guess you guys are right, Jim should be treated the same way everyone gets treated when something they post isn't popular, especially when it shakes the "powers" of this club. I've felt the same treatment in the past when I said something that wasn't popular with certain people. Truth or lies doesn't seem to have anything to do with how these things turn out.

I'm no angel and I've definitely posted things in the past I'm not proud of, but as always I'm much more interested in what makes these cars fast than I am in who's the most popular. I guess that carries a price tag. :rolleyes:

Wulp, looks like another thread has gone to hell-in-a-hand-basket :cool:

Seems this club has new rules.. Jim Demitt posts something, thread then becomes a trash house, even if he is answering a question someone has asked cause they have problems with their car... so instead of a thread to solve the problem, it has become an attack thread.....

And its so amusing that the same names always cause the same problems.

What started out as a question of best times for stock or nearly stock cars became an attack on Jim.... again.

I have kept quiet on here, but jim offers no benifit for anybody. as for the phone call dan made, since Jim knows everybody in the race world, it would be real easy for a track guy, who may even be a good friend, say anything jim wants us to believe. I am with most on here, and want proof. and sorry just a vid of the car going down the track is not proof. Hell i can put my buddies 555 BB ford in my car and run 8.90 and send you all a video. I am always willing to help anybody go faster. and as soon as i get my new cam I will post up the specs immediately. But, if you are not willing to help others and just use this site to brag or lie, please stay the hell out.

and to stay on topic my best is 10.69 @122.18. which i have not sent into the top list yet because i don't care!

And dave why do you think bashing the bashers is any different?

I forgot, I have a M90 again, and I ran a new best time too. My car is silver too, so I will be the Silver Bullet. Give me my props. And don't give me any hassle...I'm not trying to hear it. Just postive stuff.

Dan didn't even confirm anything other than a silver t-bird teched in. The evidence to try and backup what jim is claiming is even less true. For the record, I'm pretty sure Jim ran 9's, dropping half a second so quickly with little of the typical patting himself on the back is unusual. Then again, I just ran a 9.11 and didn't tell anyone till now...so maybe this is all happening.

Last edited:
I'm standing up for what I believe is right in this case.

1) Every person deserves to be able to post without being attacked.

2) People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

3) The truth cannot be changed by your refusal to accept it.

If my standing up for what I believe to be right causes me to lose friends then so be it. I have nothing further to say.

What friends are you going to lose? We aren't a bunch of women...geez.

Having your v8 car listed on a v6 list is not the same as claiming to run 9.52 here. Don't even understand your point other than to give Rod a big does of flame action.

Answer me this....what is the point of telling someone that you ran 9.52, if you have no plans to enlighten then in the slightest. I already know 8's are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back