My SC Was totaled Today UGH!! UPDATES 04/05

franky_402

:mad: An elderly man smashed into my car today when it was parked in front of my house. It also pushed my mothers car into the family van, then my moms car came back and hit the sc again. I have pictures documenting all of the damage. I have pictures from the first day i bought the car, also the original post for the sale of the car. My car was pushed about 5 feet. Im uploading pictures to photobucket now and i will post the link up in a few minutes!!

did he have insurance? i hope so cuz it sounds like he's gonna have to put out some dough... i hate hearing about cars getting hit while parked on the road. My grandpa had a beautiful black on black 79 chevy p/u that got totalled while parked on the road. It takes a special kind of stupid to run into a parked car, IMHO..

sorry about the bad luck.....one good reason why i dont park on streets and i park away from cars in parking lots....some ppl:mad:

supposedly he has full coverage but they gave us the contact information and it is a tiny ~~~ company out of a town about 10 minutes from us. There population is about 8,000. Also they are known as martucky because there a bunch of hillbillies. The insurance is going to have to pay for 4 cars.

**EDIT**

the link for the pictures

Damage of all three cars

Let me know if it works

wow, dont let 'em low ball you on the settlement, they'll try, i'm sure. And the link worked.

you can see where the car was and where it is now. I want to know how fast he was going to make all three cars move a good five feet. I need some tips from any of you guys out there to try to get the right amount for my car. Also i need to find some good cars for sale that will get me a good amount. To find another car like mine i will probably have to fly somewhere. My car was a 1 owner 90 non smoker, no rips tears cloth 5 spd. Ford premium jbl sound. Moonroof, keyless entry cell phone.

Last edited:
you can see where the car was and where it is now. I want to know how fast he was going to make all three cars move a good five feet. I need some tips from any of you guys out there to try to get the right amount for my car. Also i need to find some good cars for sale that will get me a good amount. To find another car like mine i will probably have to fly somewhere. My car was a 1 owner 90 non smoker, no rips tears cloth 5 spd. Ford premium jbl sound. Moonroof, keyless entry cell phone.

sorry for your luck mine wasnt as bad when i got rear ended at a red light.. and i got hit from omost a dead stop and the guy behind me was goin about 40mph..

well idk if it will help you any but i paid 5k for my sc with 64k on it has a lean on it now and the lean was for 62k.. so if i can get you anything that might help you let me know.. it was just hit around Halloween and they paid 1800 to fix my damage so the cars are still worth somthing atleast to my insurance ..

just let me know if i can get you anything and ill try. to help out another fellow sc'er

Hopefully you will get what you deserve for your sc but unfortunately sc's are not worth much if you look at the blue book

Oh man just when you think things could get no worse Blamo. Be sure to hit the insurance company for car rental, Loss of wages and emotional distress. That would kill me to look out my window and see all three cars wrecked.
I feel really sick just looking at the pic`s. Sorry man

I would go to Cars.com,. autotrader, etc.. and try and come up with comparable SC’s and their real world prices. SCCoA is usually on the low side of pricing. (Know I’m going to take a hit on this, but you know it’s true). Here is an old post where I sold an 89 http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79175
Need to do some homework before you talk to his Insurance company, if you have some information lined up they will start to bend on the price. Good Luck and sorry about the SC.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Man Franky!!! Sorry about your luck!! At least you weren't in it! :( Either way, that really blows man! I feel for you and your right, to do that amount of damage he had to be flying!

Btw...what town are you talking about?

marseilles, its a pretty small and hilbilly town but i dont know how that insurance company is going to work, do you think they will be more or less leniant due to the fact they arent some big hotshot insurance like state farm, progressive, geico, etc...

**EDIT**

Added an edited picture of the vehicles approximate location before the crash!!

locations.jpg

The colored bars representing each vehicles original locations according to their rear end!!

Last edited:
If you have any questions, contact your state's attorney generals office and find out what the state requires insurance companies do. Worst case, you have to get your insurance company involved, assuming you have sufficient coverage, then your insurance company goes after the other guys.

Do like Flip said. DO YOUR HOMEWORK! I had a delightful experience with the insurance co back in 04 when my 93 was totaled. (BTW, I'd estimate he was going 45-50 MPH to do that damage, looks almost as bad as mine!) The ins co started out low ballin' me with an offer of 1700.00, to which I said BS. After I hung up on them a few times, we settled on 3000.00. I then said I wanted to keep salvage rights to the car, which started another round of arguing & phone hanging up. Finally after a couple of weeks they finally gave in and I kept the car to part the remaining good parts. The insurance co will pressure you to settle right away. They want to close out the p/w ASAP. So the longer you hold out, the better it is for your wallet :D
Below is what 45 mph impact looks like.

Attachments

• Werck 1.JPG
    Werck 1.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
see i only have liability because it was an older car, and im 18 so full coverage would have run me too much. The guy had a 2004 buick sentry so he has full coverage.

marseilles, its a pretty small and hilbilly town but i dont know how that insurance company is going to work, do you think they will be more or less leniant due to the fact they arent some big hotshot insurance like state farm, progressive, geico, etc...

**EDIT**

Added an edited picture of the vehicles approximate location before the crash!!

The colored bars representing each vehicles original locations according to their rear end!!

LOL!!! MARSEILLES!!! Been there many of times! My high school buddy married a girl from there.

Hopefully things work out for you and you get a better one. Let me know when you get it, maybe we can have a spring meet in Oswego or Yorkville and we can do more burnouts with your new SC! :p

yeah, im going to miss this one tho, it was fairly cheap and in good condition. If i get to keep the car i will be parting out the interior for sure as the interior is rip, burn, smoke free. All black. Also hopefully i can get something out of the engine and trans.

Hey franky whatever you do dont let them take the car fight to keep it at least you will have a parts car you may have to hold out awhile but they will give in.

If u do get to keep the car

I would like 2 see some pics of the seats. N how much? Very interested. That's if you do keep the car.

Back