Wiseco Pistons group buy opportunity

XR7 Dave

This group buy was a great success and is now closed. Through this buy we were able to meet the volume requirements to obtain better pricing on the pistons on an ongoing bases. Please contact me if you need forged pistons for your SC motor.

Thanks,

David

Last edited:
Folks I'll be ordering some pistons this week and am looking to pass on some savings to anyone on the fence about ordering. Costs have gone way up over the past couple of years so don't go into shock about the pricing. This is the best I can do based on a volume purchase cost for custom pistons.

Features:

• + .030"
  • Effective quench pads
  • Oversize valve reliefs
  • Extra thick crowns
  • Anti-detonation grooves
  • Lowered top piston ring
  • Lightweight slipper skirts
  • Additional machining on the undersides to reduce weight where it is not needed
  • Pressure balance groove
  • Dual pin oiling
  • Lightweight ring package
  • Stainless top ring with chrome nitride face
  • Lower tension oil rings
  • Offset pin location for quiet operation and reduced wear
  • Lightweight 2618 forgings with Wiseco's proprietary barrel design which allows for tighter clearances (as low as .004")

Options:

• Any compression ratio you want
  • Any compression distance you want (custom rod lengths available)
  • Any pin diameter you need
  • Lightweight tool steel wrist pins ($100 additional)
  • Gold ceramic top and moly graphite skirt coating ($250 additional)
  • 6.200 H-beam connecting rods ($250 for off brand, $300 for SCAT)

Cost is $675 for the pistons, pins and rings. Production time is about 6 weeks. Please let me know this week to get in on this order.

count me in on the .030 pistons. don't know the difference between the stock length rod ( i thought was 5.926 )and a 6.200 rod, is it longer than stock or different because of the pistons? if i can use them count me in on a set of the scats also. I'm just assembling the parts for my friend who's doing the engine build for me. i can bolt anything to the outside of the engine but need someone else to do the internal stuff.

Last edited:
Stock connecting rods are 5.915". The longer rods allow for a lighter piston. Keep in mind this will mean the crank will require re-balancing. If anyone needs this service I have an EXCELLENT V6 crank balancer available (not all shops know how to properly balance a split journal V6 crankshaft).

Count me in Dave, I will try and call you tomorrow to talk about exactly what I need and which options I want to go with.

Charles

I would like to get in on this too. I would like to talk to Dave about what options I should get for my application. Do you take paypal? 512 996 8836 just ask for Eric. Thanks

Nickleman,

Aside from the lighter psitons, long rod motors keep the piston up in the flame front longer during combustion. This is supposed to improve hp and torque even more so. Also brings down the rpm's the engine will rev to.

Until recently, no one offered a stock lenght H-beam rod for our application. That is why 351 Windsor or 6.2 rods are used instead with custom pistons.

David, obviously I am in. Will get you the remaining details as soon as possible.

Anyone building a serious motor, jump on these. Will provide a solid foundation for any modifications.

Nickleman,

Aside from the lighter psitons, long rod motors keep the piston up in the flame front longer during combustion. This is supposed to improve hp and torque even more so. Also brings down the rpm's the engine will rev to.
QUOTE]

correctomundo, it allows the piston to dwell longer at TDC and also improves the rod angle. adding a longer rod will make more power and add reliability(with appropriate tune ofcourse)
just make sure the wrist pin isn't into the oil ring, thing start to get a little dicey at that point

my friend who's building my engine explained the same thing you all did so i've decided to go with both the pistons and scat 6.200" rods, thanks alot for the answers. like i said earlier i can bolt anything to the outside of the motor but leave the internals to someone else...

I did some analysis of this in a thread where longer rods were discussed that might prove interesting.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23811&page=2&highlight=piston+velocity

I highly recommend the H-beam rods, the weight of the stronger rods, and stronger pistons is significantly lower than stock assemblies. The longer rod allows for even more gain in decreased reciprocating weight. This should improve performance as RPM's increase in concert with improved heads, cam, and blower. If you are rebuilding your motor, I don't think you can go wrong with this combination.

Effective quench pads

I'll be curious to see if these are different than the earlier ones.

**EDIT** forgot where I was posting.

Hook it up Double DEEEZZZ!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for your efforts of getting us a group buy together Dave.

You can count me in on this... for a set of everything..

Karl

David,

Did you get my last email ob the pistons. The cc on the chambers came in at 57 not 73 cc. Let me know that you got this.

Does anyone have Dave's number? He ordered my pistons based on a 73 cc chamber due to the unshrouding I did in the chambers but they actually cc'd at considerably smaller. He has not responded to emails and his pm box is full.

Does anyone have Dave's number? He ordered my pistons based on a 73 cc chamber due to the unshrouding I did in the chambers but they actually cc'd at considerably smaller. He has not responded to emails and his pm box is full.

You would do best to email him here. mdkracing@alltel.net

He has always been very responsive.. if you feel there is a delay in his responce, I would assume he has something more pressing at the moment. But he will get back to you..

I just mailed my money to him yesterday. An email I got from him yesterday, he stated he was hoping to get fund to him by the end of the week

Karl,

Thanks that is where I was emailing him and he has responded on a daily or semi daily basis up until yesterday. This is important as the shape of the pistons drastically changes from nearly a flat top to something with a considerable dish. I just need Dave to acknowledge that he has confirmed this with Wiseco along with the change to the ring pack. Dave buddy you out there?

Karl,

Thanks that is where I was emailing him and he has responded on a daily or semi daily basis up until yesterday. This is important as the shape of the pistons drastically changes from nearly a flat top to something with a considerable dish. I just need Dave to acknowledge that he has confirmed this with Wiseco along with the change to the ring pack. Dave buddy you out there?

He's probably torquing my main caps. Leave the guy alone. :p

He's probably torquing my main caps. Leave the guy alone. :p
Holy shiet! How did you know that???? I was and I'm installing your pistons tomorrow. BTW, plenty of thrust clearance on this one. :p

Everything is under control, I do work at another job so I'm not always here. I delayed the whole order slightly to get all the details worked out.

Josh, email me to see what we can do.

Dave,

Paul actually emailed me that he saw you working on his motor through the spy cams he had set up at your place.:eek: I figured you would get around to me.

Back