Wiseco Pistons group buy opportunity

Great idea Mike. Boy they sure look sweet. I'll post some pics of the parts I currently have.

The pistons, pins, rings and compressor arrived today. I am happy that the stuff is here but it is what came with the parts I am not happy about. Having to fork out another $80 at the door for "duty". Duty that isn't even required but the government will gladly take to pad their personal slush funds.

Come on guys why are we thinking 15 years behind the times? NAFTA, NAFTA-Gate has anyone ever heard of this mysterious agreement? North American Free Trade Agreement. The one the Clintons helped engineer and now Hila-liar is shiiitting all over.

Anything manufactured in the United States, Canada and Mexico along will ALL electronics are duty free into each other's countries. Say it with me, No to Duty.

Sorry to rant about this, but this is a pet peeve of mine. I think our beauracracy should not be collecting my hard earned dollars for nothing, knowing they are not supposed.

I hear you about that darn stupid duty crap. The guys in the states have it easy for these cars cause they can order a part up and not get a stupid surcharge added after the fact. Also, its never consistant. One time I can get a part in and not pay anything, the next time I get nailed with a frigging $95 dollar duty fee on a $25 part :mad:..........

And god help you if you ship via Fedex or UPS.. cause they add on to that crap so they can benefit from it. I had a computer motherboard ship to me from a friend that was used, which he declared as such. The thing cost me nothing, except $112 in duty and brokerage fee's because of Fedex. I tried to complain but of course lost.

Sorry, rant is over.
Frit

make sure you keep the pistons in thier nitrogen filled lil baggies till you use them...From what I hear the coating gets sticky when exposed to air.

Can you elaborate on that Damon? Which coatings? Mine came wrapped in newspaper and no baggies.

They don't come in nitrogen filled bags anymore. Haven't for a long time. I assume this is because the gold coat is likely a more stable version now.

I want pics!!!!

Back