Magnum Powers VS. ESM

SilverCasket

When it comes to Ported SC's, does anyone have any evidence of power differences between the MPII & New Dominion IV?

If I choose Magnum Powers, I am thinking of going with the Magnum Powers setup from cold air divider, to 3.5" intake tube 85mm TB, MP Plenum, P&P SC & Raised SC Top. I am doing this to a 72k mile motor that runs perfect. HG's just replaced and Headers w/SCP Exhaust installed. Griffin rad & IC Fan there too.

All that coupled with a 76mm MAFS, MP states it will leave the car with about 300rwhp on a stock motor. I don't know much, but I know that sounds like too much.

I haven't gotten too much info on ESM yet. Any input will be appreciated. Also, on the MAFS side. With that combo, is there a bigger MAFS to match the MP setup.

Thanks,

!

I just installed my ESM ported blower along with them porting my magnum powers intake....I definately felt a stronger pull through every gear...Thsi is with everything else on my car being the same...Go for it.Im happy

MP states it will leave the car with about 300rwhp on a stock motor.

I don't think it's going to make 300 RWHP without having larger injectors, fuel pump, intercooler, head porting and possibly a cam.

I would guess around 260 RWHP for the mods you listed.

David

Magnum powers

I have the plentum, TB and intake on my SC and I can say that there are the best manufactured products I have on the car. Charles is a top notch man and his products are too.

Just think of what the fastest sc has on it......Magnum Powers....enough said

Welding on a piece of metal that has such tight tolerences is never a good idea. That is why Magnum Powers has the most reliable blowers.

Chuck

Welding on a piece of metal that has such tight tolerences is never a good idea. That is why Magnum Powers has the most reliable blowers.

Chuck are you reffering to the stiffening plats ESM welds on?They prevent case distortion at higher blower RPM's..SO that your tight tolerance blower doesnt take a crap..Regardless Soon Ill see just how well my blower works..All I can say is that it was a big difference

warping

Welding on them will most definitly warp them to a certian degree. It may still be within tollerence but it will be warped. The heat it takes to weld alum is huge and I would never buy a blower that has been welded on. Other ESM parts are great and wonderfully machined but I think they have gone a bit too exotic on the blowers when there is no need to.

Chuck

Actually, the reason why ours is welded and a superior product is the exact reason Chuck mentions........
After ANY welding, milling boring etc......ANYTHING that causes heat and shrinkage is done to our blowers, we then rebore the case to better tolerances than the factory makes them (remember, eaton makes them on a production line). For details on the actual process and why we dont have issues with reliability as a result of welding and such, feel free to contact me directly as the details are lengthy. Regarding
Well, that remains to be seen, the only blower failures (of ESM) we have seen are those being ran up to and past roughly 17K RPM, but that issue has been resolved with an upgraded snout bearing, gusset and billet stiffener straps. We have inspected a few Magnaports tolerances after they perform their outlet mod and lets just say we werent very impressed at the runout.

Back