Progress on the Bird

barrieguy

Well here's the parts I have acquired or already have on the car:

17" chrome cobra r's - on the way now
eibach 1-1/2" lowering kit - also on the way now
3" CAI with fender mounted cone
borla dual 2-1/4" X 3" res. with high flow cats and custom down tubes - have the parts it's got to go to the exhaust shop to be fabbed up (I may try it with no mufflers at the rear, just the resonator)
frpp aluminum/urethane mustang (bullit or mach 1 i think) pedals
cobra leather shift knob
5% OD pulley
NR auto white face gauge kit
autometer boost&volts phantom gauges with dual pillar mount
b&m ripper shifter
leather interior - have everything just need time to swap
frame connectors, front and rear strut tower braces - being fabbed now
3/4" raised top - looking, I bought some 3/4"cnc cut alum. spacers so I am going to try to fab up my own out of a stock one
3.73 pumpkin - considering???
93 front and rear brake setup (spindles, etc) - just need time to install
cross drilled rotors - sourcing now
tint - spring

That's the plan for now, I'm not looking for major power/speed just something adequate that I can take out on the weekend (that is if I can sneak away from work long enough, although the OT is paying for the parts, so....).

Let me know what you guys think, is there anything that I'm missing from this basic power package (remember basic, I'm on a budget)?

Thanks, Trevor

Pics aren't mine but the color and rims are the same.

Attachments

• 2499317_1_full.jpg
    2499317_1_full.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 2499317_2_full.jpg
    2499317_2_full.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 59
  • demmitt4.jpg
    demmitt4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Sounds like you've made a lot of good decisions with this car. Will look sweet with the 17's and lowered. Fun car to tool around with, and just have some fun. Keep us up on the progress.
Just my opinion, but are cross drilled rotors necessary? I know they look cool, but IMHO, and from what I have researched, they can affect the structural integrity of the rotor itself. Maybe a nice set of slotted Brembo, or ATE or PowerSlots would be cool.

Matt

damn ricaroa1 your car looks amazing! Do you have a web site other than crappy car domain for better pics of that thing???

damn ricaroa1 your car looks amazing! Do you have a web site other than crappy car domain for better pics of that thing???

On my hard drive :D If you search for shootout 2007 there should be some floating around, Not sure where exacly to point them out to you.
I change my cars look all the time so if you see a picture of my car it might not be the latest one :eek:

Back