AOD vs 5 SPD

• AOD

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • 5 SPD

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters
One for the AOD

Got mine in

One for the AOD my first shot at stardom :) S-port 26% overdrive Flowmaster force 2 system few other mods. We where shooting 12.60's I got it than 2nd run blew the head gaskets plus blow the bottom tank of the radiator in fine style

Blew mine on the dyno last spring. 145,000 miles on the engine. 19.5 lbs of boost. They were just old and ready to go. They went in a big cloud of white smoke:D

Ken

my 5spd blew then on 140,000 then I got a junk yard engine dropped it in as a quick fix while the oringinal got new heads and it blew too. so i suppose two engines n about 3 weeks, but one was 50 50 anywhy.

3 weeks after i got my 90 aod fix that 100 miles later twist imput shaft in hafe a shread the converter fix that sits for 2 months go to get emisions bend a rod!!!!!!!! parked in back yard since:mad::mad:

Mines a 5spd and as of late there seems to be condensation always coming out of the tail pipes. So I believe mine are starting to let go with 167,000 on the clock.

Got blown?

Blown HG's on 3 different cars so far. 92/5 spd SC, 90/auto SC, 94/auto LX
Got another 92/auto SC that I changed just because I had it apart anyway. Come to find out someone else put one gasket on backwards. Hope to have one to drive to the 08 Shootout.

Danny

My 89XR7 5-speed still had the factory head gaskets intact at 163K miles when it spun a rod bearing. I guess I'll never know how long they would have lasted.

The 89 SC 5-speed that I had years ago, I bought with blown head gaskets at 115K, fixed it, and proceeded to break then fix just about everything else on the car, until I got fed up, parted it out, and swore I would never own another SC. I suspect all SC owners have been through that. But when a black 5-speed 89XR7 rolled around, guess what I had to have:D? Now I've had enough time behind the wheel of it love them again.

my 94 had (and still has) the originals, at 140k+ :) 95 was replaced by PO

but my 95 lx let loose at 164, not originals.

AOD and 5-speed. Mine blew with the auto at just under 100K, then After I swapped it to a manual they blew again around 130K. I think we need a vote for the swappers on here. I'm probably the only one to be lame enough to blow them on the same engine as a AOD and 5-speed!:eek:

mine were "changed" the previous owner said at 110,000 ( now at 168,000) and its a 4r70 1994....
our 94-95's don't seem to get much love around here..
MAN, seems like the U.D for the sc's seem to pop head gaskets on these cars left and right..SOOOOOOO glad I joined here because that would have been my 1st mod and im willing to bet I WOULD HAVE toasted my head gaskets within 1000 miles..

Last edited:
Back