Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 97

Thread: test & tune went great today for a while..

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,718

    Smile test & tune went great today for a while..

    Well I went to the track for some test & tune todaywith my stroker V6. The temps were great for making huge horsepower. The guys preped the track for the few of us that had made it down there for this speical testing day.
    The first three passes got quicker with each pass. Tell you what there was this guy with a "rat" nova that could not beleive how much noise this blower makes. The fourth pass was a killer it went 9.51 at 138 mph... Now that is moving... We went back and played with the setup a bit more and added some more boost to it and tried it again. The car blasted off the line like there was a rocket in it. When it hit second gear all hell broke out. The trans went into "free wheel" and by the time I got my big foot out of it the engine was hurt.. How bad is something that time will tell, but it did get hurt..
    So much for these early test & tune deals... Oh well, I got some time to rip it down and see what went wrong.....Rich
    Last edited by pro street rich; 04-01-2008 at 11:16 PM. Reason: add something
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    19,796
    Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    Well I went to the track for some test & tune todaywith my stroker V6. The temps were great for making huge horsepower. The guys preped the track for the few of us that had made it down there for this speical testing day.
    The first three passes got quicker with each pass. Tell you what there was this guy with a "rat" nova that could not beleive how much noise this blower makes. The fourth pass was a killer it went 9.51 at 138 mph... Now that is moving... We went back and played with the setup a bit more and added some more boost to it and tried it again. The car blasted off the line like there was a rocket in it. When it hit second gear all hell broke out. The trans went into "free wheel" and by the time I got my big foot out of it the engine was hurt.. How bad is something that time will tell, but it did get hurt..
    So much for these early test & tune deals... Oh well, I got some time to rip it down and see what went wrong.....Rich
    I guess that makes you the new top dog daddy.

    David
    91 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple........10.92 @ 126.70
    93 SC AOD 347 Turbo.................10.04 @ 138.99
    My Garage

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,857
    congrats on being the new king

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Martinsville,Virginia
    Posts
    1,247
    what track was this at?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    470
    Is this a April fools joke? Because GLD opening day isn't tell this weekend unless they had some kind of special thing going on. That's IF you went to GLD. Otherwise disregard...
    Last edited by OxmanWI; 04-02-2008 at 05:22 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,718

    Smile Speical deal for GLD people.

    Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    Is this a April fools joke? Because GLD opening day isn't tell this weekend unless they had some kind of special thing going on. That's IF you went to GLD. Otherwise disregard...
    The guys had a get everything ready day and a group of us were invited down to have at it. This was by "invite only" some of the big Chicago wise guys were there as well. This is not a bike group for those not from around here, rather it is some of the best drag and wheel stander around. Those guys really know how to race, yet they are there in a second if you need an extra hand with something.
    This is NOT one of those april jokes either, if ANYONE wants to see the broken parts feel free to stop by. The car is still sitting in the trailer and it will be there till this week end.
    Let me say this much, if this thing is broken bad then I am going to throw the towel in and walk away from these V6's This engine has the best parts that $$$$$$$$ can buy. If it came apart, then there will be a lot of stuff for sale.
    This has become way too costly to keep these V6's running. You can drop a big block in these cars and go 12.0's all day long with nothing more than a crate engine with a 3 year 36,000 mile blanket on it. Lets hope it is just the transmission and not the engine as well. ....Rich
    Last edited by pro street rich; 04-02-2008 at 08:25 AM.
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Coast Calif
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    The guys had a get everything ready day and a group of us were invited down to have at it. This was by "invite only" some of the big Chicago outlaws were there as well. This is not a bike group for those not from around here, rather it is some of the best drag and wheel stander around. Those guys really know how to race, yet they are there in a second if you need an extra hand with something.
    This is NOT one of those april jokes either, if ANYONE wants to see the broken parts feel free to stop by. The car is still sitting in the trailer and it will be there till this week end.
    Let me say this much, if this thing is broken bad then I am going to throw the towel in and walk away from these V6's This engine has the best parts that $$$$$$$$ can buy. If it came apart, then there will be a lot of stuff for sale.
    This has become way too costly to keep these V6's running. You can drop a big block in these cars and go 12.0's all day long with nothing more than a crate engine with a 3 year 36,000 mile blanket on it. Lets hope it is just the transmission and not the engine as well. ....Rich


    Nice try Rich

    Track has been contacted by Bob Johnson they didnot have any special invite test & tune deal and as stated by the track owner and manager there first opening race of any kind is the 5th. I think you better come clean on this anyway as always no proof just talk have a nice day

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,718

    Smile Speek of what you really know or shut up..

    jimmy tell me and the rest of the world how you did this??? The post was put up last night at 10 pm cst. it is now 650 am cst and you have already did "your homework"???? The owner, which is a personal friend of mine is not out of bed till 8 am on any given day, yet YOU talked to him in the middle of the night???
    Boy we all know you are good, but to be that good and to call someone in the middle of the night and get info is really good.
    You said a long time ago that you wanted to not have me post in your stupid post, well I guess that you don't follow your own rules.
    Get over it, someone has gone faster than you and they do have the proff. There is nothing for you to talk about in this post so please "step off". Now if anyone wants to see for themself's ,stop on by and take a lookie.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Coast Calif
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    jimmy tell me and the rest of the world how you did this??? The post was put up last night at 10 pm cst. it is now 650 am cst and you have already did "your homework"???? The owner, which is a personal friend of mine is not out of bed till 8 am on any given day, yet YOU talked to him in the middle of the night???
    Boy we all know you are good, but to be that good and to call someone in the middle of the night and get info is really good.
    You said a long time ago that you wanted to not have me post in your stupid post, well I guess that you don't follow your own rules.
    Get over it, someone has gone faster than you and they do have the proff. There is nothing for you to talk about in this post so please "step off". Now if anyone wants to see for themself's ,stop on by and take a lookie.....Rich


    Rich


    (One big factor) Bob knows 90% of track owners and there race dates he has close ties with them. Next time before you post make sure your place you clame to run at is in fact running. Big mistake on your part just be truthful dont make up such storys please. You never once posted a time slip or any proof in any of your clames it gets real old real quick. Have respect for the ones that do it for real and work hard at it and are 100% truthful

    Give them a call Rich

    (Track Hot Line) 262 878-3785

    Web link
    http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/

    Will post owners (direct phone) latter today
    Last edited by Jim Demmitt Jr; 04-02-2008 at 08:16 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Demmitt Jr View Post
    Rich


    (One big factor) Bob knows 90%

    Will post owners (direct phone) latter today
    So let me get this right. You call the recorded hot line and you got your info?? Great JOB now you have recorder's talking to you and giving info on what went on??
    Bob knows 90% of the owners, good for him... Did you know that there are NEW OWNERS that never were in the racing game before?? But yet you still got a hold of them in the middle of the night...
    Again jimmy "STEP OFF" this is not your post so get out of it.
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Coast Calif
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    So let me get this right. You call the recorded hot line and you got your info?? Great JOB now you have recorder's talking to you and giving info on what went on??
    Bob knows 90% of the owners, good for him... Did you know that there are NEW OWNERS that never were in the racing game before?? But yet you still got a hold of them in the middle of the night...
    Again jimmy "STEP OFF" this is not your post so get out of it.

    Again Rich

    Not the hot line the owner and Bob called one hour ago he knows him real well so again your digging yourself deeper in hole. Do like making storys up for some weird reason? Maybe once in your storys come up with proof to back yourself up to much fiction from you no truth in the matter. Remember next time what you post it can be looked into and facts come forward from close ties in the racing world
    Last edited by Jim Demmitt Jr; 04-02-2008 at 08:36 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,718

    Smile Talk to who??

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Demmitt Jr View Post
    Again Rich

    Not the hot line the owner and Bob called one hour ago he knows him real well so again your digging yourself deeper in hole. Do like making storys up for some weird reason? Maybe once in your storys come up with proof to back yourself up to much fiction from you no truth in the matter
    and his name is what?? do tell? you can't because you never talked to him nor did anyone else.. AGAIN "STEP OFF" let it be, you are not #1 maybe in your mind but that's all..
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Coast Calif
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    and his name is what?? do tell? you can't because you never talked to him nor did anyone else.. AGAIN "STEP OFF" let it be, you are not #1 maybe in your mind but that's all..

    Who you ask?

    I will call Bob and post his name here P.S you dont have any proof of the time you clame to run. Matter of fact you never have been able to show proof of any times you say you have ran. Hummmmm truth,facts, proof one thing you never been able to do go figure

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Demmitt Jr View Post
    Who you ask?

    I will call Bob and post his name here P.S you dont have any proof of the time you clame to run. Matter of fact you never have been able to show proof of any times you say you have ran. Hummmmm truth,facts, proof one thing you never been able to do go figure
    I posted my slips even George has gotten them. Too bad your video never was found. AGAIN "STEP OFF" by the way I have linked this to George asking for him to put a lid on your posting to mix the pot....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Coast Calif
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    I posted my slips even George has gotten them. Too bad your video never was found. AGAIN "STEP OFF" by the way I have linked this to George asking for him to put a lid on your posting to mix the pot....Rich

    Rich

    Not making any trouble here you just stated you ran this time we like to see proof time slip anything. Plus understand why you said you ran on 4/1/08 and in fact there was no testing just stating facts thats it. We all have a right to our opinions and requests and like to see some proof not just something that has no truth to it

Similar Threads

  1. 89 Thunderbird SC @ test and tune
    By AMFRacing1989 in forum Racing/Track Results
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 12:12 AM
  2. Went for a test drive today
    By Sweet90SC in forum Super Coupe Club of Florida
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 04:01 PM
  3. Test And Tune Days..............
    By coolhand in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 01:50 AM
  4. Skipping since tune up today
    By AlanEdwards in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 03:22 AM
  5. Saturday, August 31st, ALL DAY TEST AND TUNE!
    By Bill McNeil in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-15-2002, 10:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •