An update on my situation for those who have followed me

W

white91sc

An update on my situation for those who have followed me

I have appreciated your prayers, I believe they have helped me recover quickly.

To fill those of you in who are lost, I had a bone marrow transplant April 23rd with my brother as the donor. In the weeks and months leading up I asked a couple of times for prayers and wishings of luck. I believe it was because of them that I recovered faster than any of the patients my doctor has treated before, in fact I am home now, although I am still on a special diet, in basically sterile conditions, and in isolation for now as my counts improve, I am doing very well.

My last hurdle is that my counts are coming up, they could be my cells and they could be my donors, ideally they are my donors. If you could please pray that they are my donors and that I continue on my record recovery I'd greatly appreciate it. If you have kids that could add it to their nighttime prayer, a church prayer chain, any way to have others pray for me and would be so kind I would greatly appreciate it, I believe the volume of prayers is the only way to explain my fast recovery. Please help me get through this so I can get back to doing what I love, working on my SC.

Thank you, if you are not religious please wish me luck anyways, something is helping me get better fast, and I think it's the SC community. I've given all I could to it and I never thought I'd receive my health back as a reward, thank you!

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

Re: An update on my situation for those who have followed me

Adam glad to see that you are doing good. You should give a guy on this page a hit as you got a lot in common. He goes by the name of Nasty V6, look up his e-mail address and go off page and talk to him. I know it will do you a lot of good. Again, glad to see you up and back at it. Get those counts up and enjoy what God has given you back.....Rich

Re: An update on my situation for those who have followed me

Hey Adam glad to see your doing better. I just found out last night that my best friend has leukemia. They just pulled marrow out last night for some kind of testing I guess to match up a donor. Doctors were saying something about normal white blood cell count is like 150. One week ago his was at something like 60, and last night around 40. My friend is only 23. I'll keep you in my prayers, could you please keep my friend in yours...Thanks Bro, Tom

It's hard...

I remembered thinking other people get sick, other people go through this, but I havent' got a chance to try living life yet. However, I didnt give up and fought and it looks like I'll get my chance.

If he decides to go for a transplant tell him to e-mail me I have a bunch of suggestions to make it easier.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

Re: It's hard...

Adam, you can definitely add me to your community of hope. Life is a fragile thing at best and I have seen first hand many times how prayers and thoughts can tip the balance. I am glad you are improving and wish you a speedy and total recovery. All my best.

Great news on your situation.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Keep your chin up and everything is gonna be alright. Prayer always helps.

Back