Went to the track for the first time tonight....

T

TBone95

Went to the track for the first time tonight....

I got a best of 15.213 at 92.24mph. My car is mostly stock, the only mods are a SCP Intake, B&M Ripper, and EEC Tuner (still running basically stock file, it was on sale so I got one). I think it was a decent run considering it was my 4th run ever and the first time Id even seen a 1/4 track, plus I kinda spun the tires and shifted fairly slow.

It was really fun overall, Im definately gonna go back sometime.

Heres the complete info:
R/T: .948 (I didnt try for anything good there)
60': 2.374
330: 6.476
1/8: 9.832
MPH 71.83
1000: 12.761
1/4: 15.213
MPH 92.24

I shifted at 5250 and then 5500, that seemed to work pretty good. If anyone has any suggestions for next time Id appreciate it, Im kinda wondering how good of a 60' time that is.

(This should probably go in the Racing forum, but I dont think that gets much of any traffic)

Travis Johnson
1995 5-speed

Re: Went to the track for the first time tonight....

my best time bone stock with 90 sc aod was a 15.434 at 91.28

Did you spin the tires alot taking off? My first few times down the track, I had 2.3+ 60ft times but was trying to launch the car waaaay to hard. I've worked on easing into the clutch(revving 2500-3000 and easing the clutch out so not to slip, yet still getting the car moving), then hammering it and got my 60ft times down which inturn helped out the overall time. Did you have much wheel hop? I've always wondered if the '95 5 speeds where as bad as the early models. Still a respectable time though.

I didnt have much wheelhop on that run, but on one of my 15.5 runs I had horrible hop. Im not sure how much spinning I had on that run, its hard to hear them squeal with the windows up and with all those big blocks cars running around. I know I spinned them at least a little, and may have had a small hop.

I revved to about 2000 or so and basically dropped the clutch, easing it just a little bit. I wish they would give me more time to get ready for the launch, the lights start going like 2 seconds after I stage.

My best 60' was 2.346, if I just coulda got that on my better run I would have a 15.1. Doh!

With a set of drag radials and some practice launching thats a high 14 second car easy.

e.jpg

Hey Jimmy ya think we can get a few guys together for a wed run. I ran this past wed 5/1 and did 12 runs from 430 to 8pm Also ya know anyone with DR I can swap on hehe, I had mad wheel spin when I went. Here is a time table of my runs
sctimes.jpg

Shane, if you go to Milan on a Saturday or Sunday you'd get much betterr traction. Their pretty chinchy with the VHT on street nights (Wednesday's & Friday's) but they know the big boys with the big power will be there on the weekends so they prep the track better. Why don't we get a few people together for a weekend and we'll slap my DR's on your car for a few passes and see how you do? Lets do it before the weather gets to hot.

9.jpg

Yea sounds good, I just dont like weekends because of the congestion. I mean I got 12 runs in on wed, on a sat I would be lucky to get 3 or 4, but thats I would really need huh. Lets set up for the 11th of may. I looked at the schedule, and thats the only weekend with out a show. What ya think

The 11th sounds good providing I don't have to work. I'll know for sure Monday and let you know.

Anyone else care to come out?

c.jpg

Back