Rear Diff....

stephens89sc

ok when i first bought my sc it drove really well. then all of a sudden in the last few weeks that i drove it whenever i took it past like 70 it would shake like a bitch i brought it to pk and miles.. u took it for a drive and said it was alignment. i didi that and it helped a little but nnow the vibrations back. so what i did was lift the back of the car up and set it on 2 jackstands..... i went through the gears like i was driving on the road and ass soon as i got in high rpm in 3rd or 4th gear it shakes like a bitch so i know its coming form the back so what i do is while someone is holding it at about 80kmh i look underneath to look for the vibrations i look at the diff and its shaking... the 2 roud bushings on the side of it are shot and the back bushing or mount (its square shaped with rubber in it) was shaking everywhere so im guessing its shot too.... and also when i jack up on the rear diff it moves quite a bit (flexes)............ ANYWAYS i came to the conclusion that the bushings nd the mount are shot so i call lordco and auto parts plus n everyone i could think of ..... the said call the dealer so i do i was quoted $145 for the bushing part on the left, $35 for the bushing on the right, and $45 for the back mount...........

IS THIS RIGHT!!!!! FOR 3 DAMN BUSHINGS ?????? IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN GET THEM ?? LIKE ITS 3 DAMN PEICES OF RUBBER ??????????????????????????????

so what part should i buy ?? and is there anywhere i can get it from other than the dealer?? cause i dont wanna spend so much

AsScLoWn said:
all you need to replace is one half of the 2 front bushings(upper or lower),

he told you Both front bushings, but look to see which half of each you need replacing, its either the upper or lower, which ever is shot, This way you save money.

ok but even if i find which part (upper or lower) is shot the fuckign dealership only sells it as a whole so i cant buy part of it i already checked u can buy the whole left setup or the whole right setup.

and i dont understand what u mean by the upper and lowr part... is the rubber bushing made up of 2 parts? top and bottom on each side of the diff?

sorry for being so stupid lol i just dont get it.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 121
actually i do know whats wrong and i have looked but i was not aware that i could buy the top bushing because the retard at ford said i could only buy the whole setup

Back