sc'ers in New Orleans?

decipha

Looking for SCers local to Louisiana or willing to make a trip for the first post Katrina meet scheduled for:

FEBRUARY 21, 2009 @ 12 o'clock noon when the sun is highest in the sky.
Location is Bonnabel Boat Launch in Metairie, LA. I-10 Exit 229.
Take Bonnabel blvd. North untill you run into the lake!!!

This doesn't exclude thunderbird and cougar owners either. Meet has been listed on other sites as well.

<HR>
username ---location ---first name

~decipha---new orleans---michael
~scott456---kenner---scott
~daybirdsc---covington---eric
skydivr7376---st. james---jon
tech greek---shreveport---eric
w2xxx---metairie---*
jlr09---*---jerry
kendall221---baton rouge---david
fearthis sc---new orleans---calvin
sleeper bird---sorrento---robbie
mz-bird---*---mike
67dude---st.amant---clint
scour_king---*---*
extremesho---*---*
ste---*---*
12sorbetter---*---*
jmfasc---*---*
bestred1---*---*
freeze408---new orleans---*
~night wing---metairie---bill sturm
truebird sc---kenner---ariel

Last edited:
cool, i have some family that stays off lake ramsey, I'm often up that way.

If you see a black, red, or blue sc its more than likely me.

maybe we should meet up one day... do you have a myspace?

follow the link in my profile

I'm out in St. James Parish, not that far from you....but my SC is off the road due to top secret project in the works....got the Mustang GT though!

wow!

I'm amazed theres this many of us!

One day next year we'll have to have a meet. The first ever Louisiana meet.

where at in kenner are you scott? I'm off Loyola on Tulane.

skydivr... I pass through st.james pretty often.

I have some family that stays up in hammond. St. James is just a hop skip and a jump away.

If you don't mind I'd like to meet with you one day. You wouldn't happen to know anywhere to find some s/c parts from would you.

oh btw fellow louisianaians. I called every single junkyard in louisiana listed in the yellow pages and this is what i've discovered. Of all the junkyards there are only 2 that have s/c's.

Lafayette Junk. they had 3 last year!!! 337-233-9687
hwy 25 in covington they had 1! its gone now though they crushed it IIRC

yeah, my SC just sits it the driveway. There is nothing wrong with it (just needs paint) but i have other projects I am currently working on and the SC has been put on the back burner. I got your PM and will contact you once I get back in town

Ok, I've searched and I found more louisianian supercoupers that may want to join in. I figure now would be a good time to organize a list so check the original post for a list

I have family in LA (Denim Springs, Baton Rouge) but I don't think I'll be heading down anytime soon.

sorry to hear that, its a shame, history in the making and you couldn't join.

you never know you may be out here next year at the time of the meet, maybe one of those coincidence type things.

ok...I know Tech Geek...but I dont have a SC anymore...I do have a 5.0 Sport 1992...so I almost have a SC...I got an SC without the SC v6 & leather seats..ha..ha...

anyhow...I dont know if I can do it..wife is expecting later this year...

skydivr... I pass through st.james pretty often.

I have some family that stays up in hammond. St. James is just a hop skip and a jump away.

If you don't mind I'd like to meet with you one day. You wouldn't happen to know anywhere to find some s/c parts from would you.

oh btw fellow louisianaians. I called every single junkyard in louisiana listed in the yellow pages and this is what i've discovered. Of all the junkyards there are only 2 that have s/c's.

Lafayette Junk. they had 3 last year!!! 337-233-9687
hwy 25 in covington they had 1! its gone now though they crushed it IIRC

SC parts? nope....not off-hand. Anything in particular youre looking for? If you need something specific we might have some luck finding it. But yeah man, I'll drop my cell # in a PM to you and you can hit back at me whenever you have the chance. A guy on another car forum I belong to--not for SC's--sold an early SC a few months back.....so they are still out there enough to be found. He wasnt a member here either. When I need parts I try to go with new ones wherever possible, just because of the age of our cars. Mine's going to be off the road until this project's finished, but it will be with all new parts.

Oh, and a couple things for your list--I am not from Gonzales, I am in St. James, and my name's Jon. I'm down for a meet as long as you guys dont mind me bringing along a somewhat modified 2003 Mustang GT instead of the Bird.

sounds good jon, but this meet won't be until next year, who knows? you may have your car finished by then... if not its cool with me the more the merrier right?

oh btw, im looking for 2x driver door glasses, one with the motor, one without

thanks for the name eric

Back