Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: sc'ers in New Orleans?

ok...I know Tech Geek...but I dont have a SC anymore...I do have a 5.0 Sport 1992...so I almost have a SC...I got an SC without the SC v6 & leather seats..ha..ha...

anyhow...I dont know if I can do it..wife is expecting later this year...

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    skydivr... I pass through st.james pretty often.

I have some family that stays up in hammond. St. James is just a hop skip and a jump away.

If you don't mind I'd like to meet with you one day. You wouldn't happen to know anywhere to find some s/c parts from would you.

oh btw fellow louisianaians. I called every single junkyard in louisiana listed in the yellow pages and this is what i've discovered. Of all the junkyards there are only 2 that have s/c's.

Lafayette Junk. they had 3 last year!!! 337-233-9687
    hwy 25 in covington they had 1! its gone now though they crushed it IIRC
    SC parts? nope....not off-hand. Anything in particular youre looking for? If you need something specific we might have some luck finding it. But yeah man, I'll drop my cell # in a PM to you and you can hit back at me whenever you have the chance. A guy on another car forum I belong to--not for SC's--sold an early SC a few months back.....so they are still out there enough to be found. He wasnt a member here either. When I need parts I try to go with new ones wherever possible, just because of the age of our cars. Mine's going to be off the road until this project's finished, but it will be with all new parts.

Oh, and a couple things for your list--I am not from Gonzales, I am in St. James, and my name's Jon. I'm down for a meet as long as you guys dont mind me bringing along a somewhat modified 2003 Mustang GT instead of the Bird.

My name is Eric.

sounds good jon, but this meet won't be until next year, who knows? you may have your car finished by then... if not its cool with me the more the merrier right?

oh btw, im looking for 2x driver door glasses, one with the motor, one without

thanks for the name eric

Hey Scott... I wanna see pictures of their faces the first time they hear the Cougar fire up.

i live in sorrento la ,i would love to go,can i bring my 66 landau also?
    robbie

wow sorrento!

we have another s/c'er from gonzales.. thats pretty close if you ask me

list updated

Thumbs up

doodaa,

Have not heard from you in a while. The cougar is just about 100% complete and will be ready for the track hopefully in about 3 weeks. I will get you some pictures

Quote Originally Posted by scott456 View Post
    doodaa,

Have not heard from you in a while. The cougar is just about 100% complete and will be ready for the track hopefully in about 3 weeks. I will get you some pictures
    I haven't been over that way in a while... My travel budget has been kind of limited and we went east last year to Turkey Run. Valentine's Day weekend before the storm was my last trip to NO. Based on what I saw in MS for Cruisin' the Coast last year I'm not sure I really want to see what you guys went through. Are they still doing that Lakeside show? What track will the Cougar be hitting? No Problem I suspect... ?

Quote Originally Posted by MZ-Bird View Post
    ok...I know Tech Geek...but I dont have a SC anymore...I do have a 5.0 Sport 1992...so I almost have a SC...I got an SC without the SC v6 & leather seats..ha..ha...

anyhow...I dont know if I can do it..wife is expecting later this year...
    Its GREEK man, how many times do I have to tell you? LOL

Still want to buy my wheels? One of them is now curb checked so you get three out of four? Fourth one still holds air but has a chunk missing now - blew a tire via the nice roads around here, weeeee, then the rear end flew out and bye bye rear end CLUNK.

doodaa,
    yeah, I think the cougar will make its first pass at No problem raceway. the car shows are not at Lakeside they are now at Clearview shopping mall every 4th Saturday.

There is a real good cruise nite at the Jukebox on Williams in Kenner every 3rd Saturday that is put on by the local Camaro/Firebird club. This could be a good place for a meet. There is no entry fee, good music, and nice cars. But you do have to get there early or you might now get a spot. Lately they have been getting over 150 cars

hey scott, what you doing tonight?

call my cell, if i don't answer leave a msg and i'll call u back
    Last edited by decipha; 06-28-2008 at 12:01 PM. Reason: removed number

going to clearview cruise nite (if weather is ok) left you a voice mail

yep yep

i came i seen i went

nice cars you got there scott

hey jon... i'll be passing by your way some time next week, guess i'll have to make a quick stop

thanks,
    it was good to meet you and I will call you once I get that cougar on the track