sc'ers in New Orleans?

I was thinking about the meet next year and I thought...

How does Mardi Gras of '09 sound to everyone? It can fall on any tuesday between Feb 3 and Mar 9. Is everyone ok with that?

It would be nice to get some TX and MS supercoupes to join as well. We could meet up at either the metairie parade or the new orleans parade. Metairie would probably be better because of a better crowd and much easier parking (not much but a little better).

btw, scott... i lost your number, if you have time give me a call.

I was thinking about the meet next year and I thought...

How does Mardi Gras of '09 sound to everyone? It can fall on any tuesday between Feb 3 and Mar 9. Is everyone ok with that?

It would be nice to get some TX and MS supercoupes to join as well. We could meet up at either the metairie parade or the new orleans parade. Metairie would probably be better because of a better crowd and much easier parking (not much but a little better).

btw, scott... i lost your number, if you have time give me a call.

im down for it well as long as the my job will let me have that day off anyway.

aww crap eric i didn't even think about that, mardi gras is on a tuesday and nobody can get off if there not in the new orleans area (its a holiday around here)

would make more sense the weekend prior to mardi gras, if anyone wants to stay throughout monday until tuesday thats cool with me. I'll be there with my 3 sc's.

hmm time to update the date on the meet

ps- scott if you get this msg shoot me a pm or a phone call, I want you to check out my 351w bird

i updated bill sturms information... his username is night wing, he hasn't been on these forums since jan of 07 :(

he shall come backeth to post in this thread!

well guys i moved recently i now live 2 blocks off carollton and st. charles on freret st. right next door to st. joan of arc school. If anyone wants to stop by for a quick visit give me a call. five oh four six oh six oh five three two, i have both my supercoupes and my 351w bird sitting in the carport.

oh yeah i can't believe i forgot to mention this!!

I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER LOCAL SUPERCOUPER!!!

they have a gold supercoupe in prestine condition, i don't know who it is but i seen the car parked in a fenced business lot right next to AAA key mini storage in harahan. As your going up the huey p long bridge stay in the right lane, you can see it parked up against the fence usually.

I'll get in my stalker mode one day and find out who owns it I swear.

found another supercoupe!!!

it a red 94 5spd, i seen it at the super walmart in kenner today, i left my number on the windshield but the lady took it off and crumbled it up. Last I seen of it, it was traveling east on w. esplanade.

car looked neglected and had some minimal front end damage
plate was MLW-158 LA plate.

Might see her again, never know.

found 2 more supercoupe's, his name is michael he lives in belle chasse and has an 89 silver 5spd, he never heard of sccoa but he also has a friend that has a sc and doesn't know of sccoa either. I think thats just extraordinary.

anyway, yeah thought everyone would like to know.

date is set

FEBRUARY 21st, 2009 at 12 o'clock noon when the sun is highest in the sky. Its the Saturday before Mardi Gras. I figured that would be a good day since it allows people who are traveling to leave Friday night and still have time to get home on Sunday morning so nobody has to miss work. Sounds like a plan?

let me know what everyone thinks about the date and time to start getting some numbers for the turnout. The meet location will be bonnabel boat launch to make it easy.

Take I-10 (towards new orleans) to exit 229 Bonnabel Blvd. Take Bonnabel North all the way to the end (1.7 miles) you'll be at the bonnabel boat launch.
It's located in Metairie, LA.

if anyone needs to contact me for directions feel free my number is

five oh four six oh six oh five three two

hey Mike, sounds great.....havent called ya back because i've been sick all week and i dont have a voice right about now. but keep me in the loop, its been really busy for a while but things have finally started to settle down--not working those 7-straights anymore.

looking forward to it everyone, I've posted on tccoa but haven't had any bites yet, guess none of the n/a crowd wants to come? maybe its a male dominance thing im guessing? Perhaps the though of there inferior birds next to sc models is more than they can handle... pheww :rolleyes:

Looking for SCers local to Louisiana or willing to make a trip for the first post Katrina meet scheduled for:

FEBRUARY 21, 2009 @ 12 o'clock noon when the sun is highest in the sky.
Location is Bonnabel Boat Launch in Metairie, LA. I-10 Exit 229.
Take Bonnabel blvd. North untill you run into the lake!!!

This doesn't exclude thunderbird and cougar owners either. Meet has been listed on other sites as well.

<HR>
username ---location ---first name

~decipha---new orleans---michael
~scott456---kenner---scott
~daybirdsc---covington---eric
skydivr7376---st. james---jon
tech greek---shreveport---eric
w2xxx---metairie---*
jlr09---*---jerry
kendall221---baton rouge---david
fearthis sc---new orleans---calvin
sleeper bird---sorrento---robbie
mz-bird---*---mike
67dude---st.amant---clint
scour_king---*---*
extremesho---*---*
ste---*---*
12sorbetter---*---*
jmfasc---*---*
bestred1---*---*
freeze408---new orleans---*
~night wing---metairie---bill sturm

ill try to be their im staying in kenner

thats great... and welcome to the club

are you by any chance the person that owns the red or gold sc i've seen?

not too many of sc's around here

if you have time give me a call five oh four six oh six oh five three two

naw my sc is black is parkt right naw im doing some work to it ill give u a call tomorrow im heading out to work and i dont get out till 5am my number is seven seven two four one eight five two oh five

found two more local supercoupes.

ones located in destrehan for sale on craigslist, a 90 white sc
http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/1019960918.html

the other is on the westbank, i seen it while i was on my way to conoco refinery on belle chasse highway at the lapalco intersection. was a very nice red sc with a ram air hood. Couldn't circle around because i was in the work truck but i will be around the westbank this weekend getting some new body panels and what not, i'll keep an eye out for it. It sure did look prestine from afar.

Back