Silver or black.

ricardoa1

Um, I need some help choosing the color of my supercharger and all related components.
Should I go with stealth black or sparkle silver.

I really want sparkle silver so you can see details, and give it a factory look. I also dont want to look like you AR guys :p

But there are bennefits to the black, it is a thermo coating that helps with heat. So I dont know what scheme to go with this time around. Ken Wagner looks great black, but I dont want to steal his style.

imo i would go silver.....black show dust dirt too easy, i dont think it gives a good bling effect either, not to mention black is not going to repell heat...thermo coating or not.

I LOVE black wrinkle coat. It looks sleek and stealth yet factory in a way..That with polished or machined 3.8 and supercharger would look real hot. That with some polished or SS bolts here an dthere would be a maintanance free sweet look IMO

I have had both colors. The silver was my old M90 with a 1.5" chromed raised top. It look good and was easy to take pictures of. The new blower looks just mean and stealthy. It doesnt show any details in pictures at all. I like both but the black is just more intemadateing. You will find as has been said here dust shows on everything and not on the silver. Also after time the black tends to lose its luster somewhat and silver just looks good for a long time

Attachments

• Engine front a.jpg
    Engine front a.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 83
  • New improved engine.jpg
    New improved engine.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 94
I'm going with a black satin when I install my MPX, not dull but not too shiny either. Black car, black rims, might as well make it all black under the hood also, the stock 94 blower was painted black gloss before I removed it.

Polishing is not an option, I am not removing it to polish everycar show I go to. I hate polishing and cleaning the car.

I have had both colors. The silver was my old M90 with a 1.5" chromed raised top. It look good and was easy to take pictures of. The new blower looks just mean and stealthy. It doesnt show any details in pictures at all. I like both but the black is just more intemadateing. You will find as has been said here dust shows on everything and not on the silver. Also after time the black tends to lose its luster somewhat and silver just looks good for a long time

And remember - when it's black, the soaks in the light when working on it :D So it makes it harder to see what your working on it.

I'd go for silver :D

-Melon

Polishing is not an option, I am not removing it to polish everycar show I go to. I hate polishing and cleaning the car.

No Polish?

As nice as that car is you have I would be polishing it all the time the car nice with the color paint with polished parts would be trick. I would go with black satin finish like the SSI blowers have

Question what color blue is that on your SC? it stands out nice

No Polish?

As nice as that car is you have I would be polishing it all the time the car nice with the color paint with polished parts would be trick. I would go with black satin finish like the SSI blowers have

Question what color blue is that on your SC? it stands out nice

Its the Moonlight Blue AKA Royal Blue.
You should see my polished tensioners. They are pitted and dull. I dont even want to take them out to work on them.
I dont enjoy working, cleaning, or vacuuming the car. I do it cause I have to because I am somewhat a frugal broke butt, So why would I pay for something I can do.

I enjoy driving it though.

Its the Moonlight Blue AKA Royal Blue.
You should see my polished tensioners. They are pitted and dull. I dont even want to take them out to work on them.
I dont enjoy working, cleaning, or vacuuming the car. I do it cause I have to because I am somewhat a frugal broke butt, So why would I pay for something I can do.

I enjoy driving it though.

Actually, I'd go silver. I have a blue powdercoat that would look great for small details bud. I'll get the name of it when I get home tonight if you're interested. I swear, I seen a BMW the other day that made me think of your car. SAME blue with silver wheels. Looked really good.

True that!!!!!!!!!!!!! My polished stuff is a pain in the ace it looks good for a couple hours, but as soon as it gets any heat, goodbye shine.

Back