Will gas prices drive us into a Depression?

No, but the banking system giving mortgages to anyone with a pulse definitely headed us in the right direction.

yes this country is headed for one bigger than the one in the ,what 20.s or 30,s,it is going to be big.

Thats what I feel pap is right making 29 look like a walk in the park. I am serious all trhe info i have says were going down bad. Push your SC or its a big lawn ornement ( if you still own your house). I am sopory but I have a repair business thats down 50 percent. XXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
I am depressed now!

I drive just to and from work total of 415.5 miles a week the cost of gas is a joke yes the dipression level is high

Took my 15 mpg service truck off the road and I am driving a 30 mpg car for now and maybe for ever. Note to self cut back on Bud next time LOL, Sorry I am pissed,

Lets face it its not getting any better. I bought $75.00 groceries on Fri night now it's almost gone. can't afford anymore increases. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid politicians

Have to say definately. With diesel at 4+ a gallon, that increase has to be absorbed elsewhere. Prices of everything from groceries to general merchandise are going to go up as well. And the saudi's don't care. They're laughing all the way to the bank in their silver plated Audi's. The oil companies are not actually the problem. Yes they make record profits but that is at a very high volume. Their margines are relatively small compared to other industries. It's the middle east and politics where the real problem lies.

We as a country HAVE to be more self sufficient. Drilling on our own soil is one step. At $4.05 for 93 here driving my SC is getting to be less frequent. And it SUX! Tighten up your checkbook we're in for a bumpy ride.
Bill

Attachments

• silver audi.jpg
    silver audi.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 73
I have a say in where and how I spend my money and I am definitely changing the way I think/live. This gas crap will not 'break me'. It is a paradigm shift folks. Living with/wanting less sometimes feels good.

A depression..noooo. Tough times..Maybe..Fortunately I;m in a buissness that is doing very well with a bright future that will hopefully ride us through these times. Gas prices are amazing even if I was getting 40 mpg. Self sufficiency is key but it has to do with us relying on fossil fuels in general less.

Regardless of where we get it from. As long as we are so dependant on these fuels everything from milk to a shirt will increase in price due to an increae in oil costs. But how many peopel are willing to give up that dependency...Not many..And many that say they do or will...Have no idea just how dependent they still are.

Back