Will gas prices drive us into a Depression?

But here is the real kicker......

The Chinese have bought their oil on the futures market at a set price.....

For every barrel of oil we (the US) conserves, China will use and the price of oil will continue to rise.....:mad:

I saw on the news that aplications for drivers licenses in China were up almost 30% for each of the past years.....:rolleyes:

We use to be OPEC's best customer, but now they could care less about us and want to sell their oil to India and China......

Just be glad you're not in Canada. Here it's $1.139 per liter for regular and $1.299 for 91.
That calculates out to $4.113 for regular and $4.489 for 91 inculding the 5% exchange difference.
3 weeks ago it was $1.389 per litre for regular that's $5.01 per gallon!! I could drive 20 mins to Michigan and fill up for $4.09

Headed for a depression?

We are already in a recession, and with the dire straits
this country's finances are in right now, I think a depression
is just around the corner.:eek:
Retirement? Oh well, it was overrated anyway!!
Thank God my wife & I both have good jobs, and I only drive
60 miles total per week, and she only drives 150 miles total
per week. Already cut back on ALL unecessary spending.
Damn sub-prime loans. Those financial institutions deserve
to fail for being that stupid in the first place.:mad:

Down to $2.30 or lower here in Dallas.

It's all a scam by big oil, no way they can come down this fast with nothing in the market to support the drop.

The hurricanes were supposed to make it go back up, but now it's almost half as much what, two months ago?

Scam and theft by oil gurus

Gas has really dropped here in the last week. I saw 0.939 a litre for 87. $3.56 a gallon Canadian. That's about $2.85 a gallon for regular.
I saw the posts complaining about grocery pricess and I was over in Michigan a week ago with my girlfriend and she couldn't believe how cheap the groceries were. If we bought our groceries in Michigan they would have cost 30-40% less than in Canada. Seems like it's about par for the course though.

Back