Thread: SC music reproduction

digitalKaos Guest

SC music reproduction

Is anyone aware of a custom subwoofer box for Thunderbirds? Thus far I have been unable to locate one. Also, what speakers would work well for full-range in the interior... stock locations and otherwise? Thanks for the help . . .

94TbirdSC Guest

stereo

hey bud, finaly someone wants a stereo!
    took me a long time in study hall in school in the drafting room to finally draft up a setup for my 4 10" kicker comps and amps. i scratched 7 different box designs cuas of the weird shape of our trunk plus thta d*** shelf. as far as door speakers go with eclipse these are expensive but the best i have tried yet. By far the best mod i made tho had to be the 2 R13 kicker dome tweeters in the Apiller. Right in front of my face!!
    if u want pics go to my web site www.chrismerani.freeservers.com
    and go to the photo page.
    ull see everything
    if u have any questions email meat chrisfixesthings@aol.com

hope this helps
    chris

Tazer999 Guest

Re: stereo

I guess I have a custom stereo box

It is contoured to the trunk lines exactly, and extends right to the top of the trunk. My webpage has more pictures for more pics of it

digitalKaos Guest

Re: stereo

Thanks for the info.. I'll take a look at those sites. I was also thinking about eclipse, & also Mbquart.

Robert Kohlman Guest

speakers

I relocated the computers and took out the tray. I have two Kicker Comp VR-12's in an appropriate sized sealed box. I also have a pair of Boston RC 820 components in the front. The 5x7 woofer is in the door and the tweeters are far forward on the A-pillar firing at the opposite side of the car. I have the stock JBL components in the rear. The 5x7 woofer really picked up the Mid-bass. I highly reccommend going with the larger woofers up-front for that reason. Several companies make good component sets and co-axes that are a direct or near direct fit for our cars. I like the Bosons because their tweeter is not overly bright and they play low as far as tweeters go.

The only thing that I had to do was seal around the speakers in the doors because they did not fit 100% perfect and had small gaps around the frame. I also reccommend Dynamating the doors while they are apart. That helps quiet things down and even picks up the mid-bass region more.

When you install tweeters use velcro and move them around and listen to them in various locations before permanently mounting them. I can assure that all tweeters are not created equal.

Hope this help,

Bob

turbospeed Guest

Re: SC music reproduction

i have 6.5 eclipse's in my ol t-bird in the doors and boston acoustics RX 5*7 in the same car i planning change them to the SC where do i locate them?? i was thinking the 5*7 in the door but the 6.5?? they dont seem to fin in any stock location any recomendations?