Superchips EEC-IV kit with 4 chips (Pics added)

Pablo94SC

This is the kit Rich Thomson from MN12Performance was selling before. Perfect for someone who has the time to learn how to use this stuff and wants to do basic tuning for their car (like shift points, fan temp, etc). Make me a reasonable offer (looking for about $200) and it's yours. I accept paypal (add 3%).

Last edited:
Bump...

And sorry guys, but I'm not going to waste my time taking pics of this stuff just because you haven't seen a chip burner before.

Edit: Sorry about the tone... I'm quitting smoking. The reason I don't want to take pics is I really don't want to unpack the whole box of stuff, lay it out, take pictures of a CD and a box with a parallel cable, and then pack it all back up again.

Last edited:
Price??????

Reseaonable offer often offends one party or both. That term is too loose for a definition. You know what you want for it, so please ask for it.

I paid about $300 before shipping so I'd like to get close to that.

Here's some more info on the setup

1. Burner has a parallel port connection (like for a printer).
2. Has a second box in it that I think is a burner as well, but no idea really.
3. It's a dealer kit and has all the paperwork from Superchips and Rich.
4. Has two CDs with Superchips CPPS software - revisions 1.06 and 3.03 (circa mid-2002). It installed on my XP laptop, but I never downloaded any files or tried to burn anything.

The software allows you to download base files from Superchips and tweak the parameters to your specs. It's no where near as advanced as today's stuff, but it worked well enough to get the first SC's into the 11s. :D For someone with some time to learn or knowledge of tuning, this should be fine for home use.

If you really want pictures, well I guess I can try to take some. I don't have screen shots though so I don't know what the pictures are going to tell ya.

is this sold???

im really interested to know how this work does it work with every car and every years??

No, it's not sold yet.

I know it will work with 89-97 Thunderbirds and XR7s. Probably will work with other Fords as well, but I'm not certain.

You install the software, get the license key from Superchips, download the base file to customize for your application, and then burn your chip. Sounds easy, but if it was I'd be in the tuning business. LOL

to there is all instruction with the package??? and do you have to pay for your code?

I didn't see any instructions per se. It's be kind of hard to supply them anyway since each vehicle has a different set of parameters in the PCM. There's a tuning forum on here that would probably be your best source of information.

As for paying for the code... I'm not sure what you mean. As long as whoever buys this uses the information Rich Thomson left in the box (like original License Key info, etc), Superchips will be give them a new license key for their PC.

Back