Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: **My SC problems**

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    i tell you what i rode in this crx one time it had some crazy big turbo and it was pretty quick but he couldn't get any traction so it sucked at the track i can come with some answers to i think it ran 12.80 or something but it was fast it would eat vettes on the highway but it was also scary because it had torque steer at 90mph and with short wheelbase it was kind of scary to ride then also i remember this guy who had a 79 trans am it went so fast that it broke the sway bars no joke around this corner it was a big sweeper and it was banked and everything but also ive ridden in some other cars like this one time i rode in a truck that has some wicked hemi or something im not sure because i was probably 14 at the time and anyway i also think that if you ask why boost is no replacement for displaceent its because your car is working about as good as it should with a time when a supra was the fastest thing on the road and pretty scary too but i think that your car made a squeak on the tires so compared to a big truck thats pretty good although ive seen some mustangs that run pretty good although they never seem too hook up well because with the wheels in the air they will also be kind of crooked launching which is bad for traction i think but if the idle is ok by the sound of it then the only thing left is to just drive it at 5psi because that is all your blower can make being that you dont have the kind of displacement for big torque like richs car which makes lots of torque even though it has some big cam where yours is a little cam but still for a little motor its kind of like a hyundai without vtech and no torque but still with enough overdrive the sc can run fairly well but not like this one car i saw that had some high stall converter so that it didn't rev it just hung there at 5000rpm all day long and spun the tires mean like but since you don't have big injectors you'll have to try a holley carb it really helped my olds go faster i used to beat the dodge with it all the time but the carb helped it breath better so maybe if you help your sc breath better since its not making mad boost like 18 or so like the crex used to do with its turbo and all the mad stuff but couldnt hook up due to bad tires or maybe the transaxle i dont know if the overlap on your cam might not be ideal for taking off with stock gears although some other people have done ok with stock gears but maybe the stick cars have an advantage since you drove the car new you should know but i think all scs are slow compared to mustangs but then again i drove a stock mustang and it was sad but maybe that was because of the weather i dont know i just drive my sc its slow too but at least i drive it and im happy because the rex is dead now i think since it didnt want to last with mad boost but i think there are some other people with scs that run pretty good but i havent met too many since scs are kind of a weird car not like a camaro now that is a good car i had one that ran low 12s all the time it was sick like it had the lt motor and it would really spin the tires although ive driven some stock scs that wont spin the tires stock so maybe you had bad pavement because im pretty sure i heard the tires spin a little but that was only at 5or6psi because your blower isnt making mad boost like a turbo would do based on the fact that ive saw the rex make some serious boost and it was sick but that was a long time ago and he did all the work himself and so it might not be valid as far as comparing things from a truck or somehting ive seen some pretty fast trucks like this lilred express was pretty quick for its time but that was a long time ago to but at least it was red like yours so that means it should be pretty fast but i understand how you are disappointed in the car because 6psi is pretty lame compared to like a neon or something that makes good boost now a cobra i think they run pretty fast at 6psi but then they have a bigger motor and bigger injectors too so they have an advantage over your car which is stock except for the cam so maybe you need to look at some of your deals which are limiting the output of the motor off the line or maybe you just have too much traction i remember this guy with these huge tires and his car was slow actually it was a truck but it was still slow and it didnt spin which wasnt fun i really like to burn tires my friend had this tbird that was a v8 which would spin the tires like mad but it was actually only spinning one wheel but if you stood on the proper side of the car it would look like john force but it was quiet till he chopped off the mufflers which really dropped back pressure but he still didnt make boost because he didnt have a turbo but if he did im thinking it would have made less boost but maybe not i dont know because its hard to tell without trying it anyway i think your car is sweet and it can squeal the tires with 5psi which is more than what an na v6 makes so that is pretty impressive actually when you think about it because i used to have this volarie station wagon and it was a 4 spd but it was hard to spin the tires without wheel hop so i got in trouble from my dad when i broke the differential but i dont know if it was from so much power or just from the hopping but the black marks were cool no one else in my class could make those kinds of marks on the road good think we didnt get caught but still i though that since the boost isnt there i mean your gauge goes to 15 but the needle stops at 8 so that means you are probably running at half power or something like the new dodges that my buddy has one which kills cylinders when running down the road but the funny thing is he still gets the same mileage as me but my truck is just old school of course his is much faster so i guess when compared to a new truck with cylinder management your sc is probably kind of slow especially since it only spins a little but the tach seems to rev well expecially in neutral when you just looking around which reminds me of a time when i was watching some girls and i reved the motor in my 69 mustang and dumped the clutch and the driveshaft broke in the street and i had to get down on my hands and knees and pick up all the pieces that was no fun so at least you can say that your car did make it back home and didn't spit out a driveshaft but then maybe youd be happier if it had the power to that ive seen driveshafts break before its no fun i think your car is pretty slick and it looks good sounds good too but probably 5psi isn't enough to spin the tires like a honda
    enought said,I think this thread was a ,how many replys can i get,even changed the title.great post XR7 DAVE.
    Last edited by dwayne; 08-12-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Jacob, have you been able to get your car running the way you want yet?
    Thats a pretty nice area you live in. With all the twistie roads you have.
    It would be a great area to cruse around in a fast SC Bird.

Randy

Jacob, I've reported your engine problems to Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy N Connie View Post
    Jacob, have you been able to get your car running the way you want yet?
    Thats a pretty nice area you live in. With all the twistie roads you have.
    It would be a great area to cruse around in a fast SC Bird.

Randy
    Not really i mean it runs and starts so it could be worse but really lacks the performance it used to have. I guess i need to dump a bunch more money and frustration in it to make it how i want it is fun to open her up on some of the twisty roads around! st rd 62 is awesome!
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple.... et ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    Not really i mean it runs and starts so it could be worse but really lacks the performance it used to have. I guess i need to dump a bunch more money and frustration in it to make it how i want it is fun to open her up on some of the twisty roads around! st rd 62 is awesome!
    Jacob,

Are you still running the home ported blower ?

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Nope a bone stock unporter blower with a 5% pulley. It actually performed much better with the home port.
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple.... et ?????