All of a sudden its lower?????

I'd take a long hard look at the tensioner rod bushings. It's the tensioner rod that locates the suspension front to back, and it looks like your suspension was allowed to travel much further back than it should have. I'm not sure whether you've replaced yours yet, Ryan, but check them at both the LCA end, and the subframe end.

...That looks ugly, man!

Good luck!

Sean

They look good Sean, but I am going to an alignment this week, that will tell all. Really, there are no tears in them, or cracks, and the car "tracks" the same as it did before.

Cam, do you know those guys did about that? Do you have a link, I don't go to that site at all...

I think they get one ones from BS... but I dont think they make shocks for the birds anymroe... ya might be SOL... :(

i'll look for the thread but... there is a lot lol

Ryan A Harris said:
They look good Sean, but I am going to an alignment this week, that will tell all. Really, there are no tears in them, or cracks, and the car "tracks" the same as it did before.

Cam, do you know those guys did about that? Do you have a link, I don't go to that site at all...

ok well that took all of 5 seconds... lol

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41904&highlight=bent

not as much info as I thought there would be.. O well..

Give BS a shout and see what they say..

Hey !!..........I should get the cookie? :D

Damn Ryan, let me know how this turns out, I have the same shocks :(

Amazing how identical Ryans case and that guy from the tccoa is, Id be calling bilstien out on that one, looks like they used .100 thou mild steel for those, with a galv coat on it at that, and then painted it, I bet these are welded to the actual shocks using just regular old .35 thou open fluxed wire, basically a wire made up of scrap steel thats been re smelted, thats what actually causes them to rust, but still for a front end application like that you would think they would use some 3/16 plate in there, or at least a cold rolled .125 thou... man am i glad i just stuck with new stock springs

Thanks Cam. I can't believe that, its the same thing I did. I wonder why Bilstein has discontinued these shocks? I am going to be calling them, tonight, once I get home, I hope there friggin' open at that time.

So I'm tring to work out a few plans of action here.
1. I get a new Bilstein
2. I get screwed by Bilstein

If a #2 happens(eeeewww smelly) I am looking to buy a pair fo front shocks. So I have the options of the stockers, nope but I'll pass thanks. The Koni's, and maybe a set by a jobber like a MONROE, or WALKER or some crap like that. Can I have asome feed back on the Koni's Please guys who have them...

Ryan A Harris said:
Can I have asome feed back on the Koni's Please guys who have them...

Don't know what kind of feedback you are looking for.....but from what I have heard they and excellent and expensive. I think you know that already.

tbirdsc357 said:
Don't know what kind of feedback you are looking for.....but from what I have heard they and excellent and expensive. I think you know that already.

ditto :)

" The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

Just remember, Ryan, that the Koni's are the inner shock cartridge ONLY - they still need a good housing (outer). You can use any stock shock as a donor for the Koni's, as long as the external is okay.

;)

Kinda makes me wonder if that's where my clunking came from when I did have them in. :confused:

IMHO - you just bought a house, man - buy some Monroe's, they don't carry interest (!!!).

lazybird4pt6 said:
I wonder how many used Bilstein's we'll be seeing on E-Bay in the next little while.

I've been very happy with the set you sold me, Andrew, and I won't be parting with them until I have to.

Cheers,

Sean

SkunkWorks said:
Just hope they dont part them selves. :rolleyes:

I live in Hamilton, pal! ...We've probably got the worst roads around.

I still don't make it a habit of going hoppin' from moon crater to moon crater when I'm driving around town.

If this happens to mine, I'll look at welding some new custom mounts on the bottoms to correct the problem in the way that Bilstein should have built them in the first place.

Cheers,

Sean

Well Bilstein so far has not been very good with customer service. Not one call back froma week worthj of voice mails, to many people.

Turns out I also bend my drives side rear upper control arm.

I also like the bilsteins Sean, but this has me worried about them in general. Thats 3 posts of the SAME thing happening....wonder why?

I do hope to have the shock repaired/repaced by bilstein, I'm not going to push the warranty issue on these, seeing as I bend other stuff too! But dudes, how safe do you feel driving a shock(s) that COULD bend over any bump at any time? I know mine may have been ovoided, but really, its happened more than once now.

SeanMatteson said:
I live in Hamilton, pal! ...We've probably got the worst roads around.

I still don't make it a habit of going hoppin' from moon crater to moon crater when I'm driving around town.

If this happens to mine, I'll look at welding some new custom mounts on the bottoms to correct the problem in the way that Bilstein should have built them in the first place.

Cheers,

Sean

Hay don't blame me that the roads are 100% better in bosnia then they are in Hamilton :D

Back