I need FUEL!!!!!

Is the line the same size ID wise. If it necks down at the pump what gain is there?

Ken

Less bends and less tension? But it sets me up for a bigger system later.

Dammon I am using the 3/8" port from the pump to feed the line. I wont be using a bulk head just yet..

I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters. :D

How does that hat adapter fitting fit when you put the tank back up, did you have so massage the area where the hat is with a hammer to keep it from rubbing? From your pic it looks like the -8 to -6 adapter on the pump hat hits the tank? I'll be doing this upgrade this week, since I found out I'm in the same boat you are but worse.

Last edited:
How does that hat adapter fitting fit when you put the tank back up, did you have so massage the area where the hat is with a hammer to keep it from rubbing? From your pic it looks like the -8 to -6 adapter on the pump hat hits the tank? I'll be doing this upgrade this week, since I found out I'm in the same boat you are but worse.

Doesnt hit the tank but not sure how much space is upthere when the tank is up.

Do you have the tank back up and installed in place yet?

Thanks for listing the parts, it helps when your shopping on the site for them a bunch. I bought a 15ft. roll of Summit brand braided and will be cutting and installing the fittings instead of the premade lines.

Last edited:
Second question is what how did you mount the filter? Does a bracket come supplied with it, or does it possibly fit in the stock filter mount bracket?

Second question is what how did you mount the filter? Does a bracket come supplied with it, or does it possibly fit in the stock filter mount bracket?

you can make it fit in the stock location. I dont know where mine is going to land yet. I wont be installing the tank up until after I get the the clutch comes in. I dont know where my filter will land with the premade lines but it comes with rubber insulated straps and two screws.

I hate fighting with those hoses ~~~~. Tried it and dont want to do it again.

Oh and the return I think its 5/16s if you are going to use a fitting there and upgraded line. Mike posted the link you can get the # for the return fittings for both the rail and the sender. I would do -6 if you are.

Thats nice the filter comes with mounts, saves from buying those, don't plan to upgrade the return line at the moment.

Last edited:
Doesnt hit the tank but not sure how much space is upthere when the tank is up.

don't forget, this is a good time to make a hole to access all of this with the tank up in the future. A saws-all, some galvanized sheet metal from the hardware store, a tin snips, and some sheet metal screws, silicone caulk and you got yourself an access panel.

Not sure I have the guts to hack my car for this. I hope to not have to redo this for a while. Im even leaving the stock lines in place not sure why I probably never go back to stock and the car is to far from stock to even consider it. But you never know if eventually it will go into the market, and I get my mid life crisis car. Corvette or Viper or whatever is cool at the time.

Some routing pics.

032.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

Looks good, how much extra hose do have to coil up and hide?

The stock line will be going bye bye when I do it.

Not much I think 10f would have made it but I would not bet money on it 11F would have been safer. The 12" filter helps in the lenght area. ;) :D Dammon will like that. but this 12F works out and give you flexibility. There was not alot of excess. It was just alot of slack on all areas.

No I got home and remeasured the car before placing the order, Thankgod i did. I came up with about 12Ft total. So I ordered two 6Fts premade lines. So total of 12Fts plus the filter is 13fts Ft. I think 11Fts lines will do it with this filter. But those premade lines were in stock from summit in 6Ft sections anythings more or less it was special order. They offer different combinations of it. But I think this works out pretty good and its up to you guys to make sure what you get will work. But like I said this works ok I did not have to coil up any sections there is just lots of slack in lots of places.

I thought those 2 10ft sections seemed rather long. Kinda nice its a bolt on application, just hope it pays off. I think I'll take a shot at making my lines first for a tighter fit.

Back