test & tune went great today for a while..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro street rich

Well I went to the track for some test & tune todaywith my stroker V6. The temps were great for making huge horsepower. The guys preped the track for the few of us that had made it down there for this speical testing day.
The first three passes got quicker with each pass. Tell you what there was this guy with a "rat" nova that could not beleive how much noise this blower makes. The fourth pass was a killer it went 9.51 at 138 mph... Now that is moving... We went back and played with the setup a bit more and added some more boost to it and tried it again. The car blasted off the line like there was a rocket in it. When it hit second gear all hell broke out. The trans went into "free wheel" and by the time I got my big foot out of it the engine was hurt.. How bad is something that time will tell, but it did get hurt..
So much for these early test & tune deals... Oh well, I got some time to rip it down and see what went wrong.....Rich

Last edited:
Well I went to the track for some test & tune todaywith my stroker V6. The temps were great for making huge horsepower. The guys preped the track for the few of us that had made it down there for this speical testing day.
The first three passes got quicker with each pass. Tell you what there was this guy with a "rat" nova that could not beleive how much noise this blower makes. The fourth pass was a killer it went 9.51 at 138 mph... Now that is moving... We went back and played with the setup a bit more and added some more boost to it and tried it again. The car blasted off the line like there was a rocket in it. When it hit second gear all hell broke out. The trans went into "free wheel" and by the time I got my big foot out of it the engine was hurt.. How bad is something that time will tell, but it did get hurt..
So much for these early test & tune deals... Oh well, I got some time to rip it down and see what went wrong.....Rich

I guess that makes you the new top dog daddy.

David

Is this a April fools joke? Because GLD opening day isn't tell this weekend unless they had some kind of special thing going on. That's IF you went to GLD. Otherwise disregard...

Last edited:
Speical deal for GLD people.

Is this a April fools joke? Because GLD opening day isn't tell this weekend unless they had some kind of special thing going on. That's IF you went to GLD. Otherwise disregard...

The guys had a get everything ready day and a group of us were invited down to have at it. This was by "invite only" some of the big Chicago wise guys were there as well. This is not a bike group for those not from around here, rather it is some of the best drag and wheel stander around. Those guys really know how to race, yet they are there in a second if you need an extra hand with something.
This is NOT one of those april jokes either, if ANYONE wants to see the broken parts feel free to stop by. The car is still sitting in the trailer and it will be there till this week end.
Let me say this much, if this thing is broken bad then I am going to throw the towel in and walk away from these V6's This engine has the best parts that $$$$$$$$ can buy. If it came apart, then there will be a lot of stuff for sale.
This has become way too costly to keep these V6's running. You can drop a big block in these cars and go 12.0's all day long with nothing more than a crate engine with a 3 year 36,000 mile blanket on it. Lets hope it is just the transmission and not the engine as well. ....Rich

Last edited:
The guys had a get everything ready day and a group of us were invited down to have at it. This was by "invite only" some of the big Chicago outlaws were there as well. This is not a bike group for those not from around here, rather it is some of the best drag and wheel stander around. Those guys really know how to race, yet they are there in a second if you need an extra hand with something.
This is NOT one of those april jokes either, if ANYONE wants to see the broken parts feel free to stop by. The car is still sitting in the trailer and it will be there till this week end.
Let me say this much, if this thing is broken bad then I am going to throw the towel in and walk away from these V6's This engine has the best parts that $$$$$$$$ can buy. If it came apart, then there will be a lot of stuff for sale.
This has become way too costly to keep these V6's running. You can drop a big block in these cars and go 12.0's all day long with nothing more than a crate engine with a 3 year 36,000 mile blanket on it. Lets hope it is just the transmission and not the engine as well. ....Rich

Nice try Rich

Track has been contacted by Bob Johnson they didnot have any special invite test & tune deal and as stated by the track owner and manager there first opening race of any kind is the 5th. I think you better come clean on this anyway as always no proof just talk have a nice day

Speek of what you really know or shut up..

jimmy tell me and the rest of the world how you did this??? The post was put up last night at 10 pm cst. it is now 650 am cst and you have already did "your homework"???? The owner, which is a personal friend of mine is not out of bed till 8 am on any given day, yet YOU talked to him in the middle of the night???
Boy we all know you are good, but to be that good and to call someone in the middle of the night and get info is really good.
You said a long time ago that you wanted to not have me post in your stupid post, well I guess that you don't follow your own rules.
Get over it, someone has gone faster than you and they do have the proff. There is nothing for you to talk about in this post so please "step off". Now if anyone wants to see for themself's ,stop on by and take a lookie.....Rich

jimmy tell me and the rest of the world how you did this??? The post was put up last night at 10 pm cst. it is now 650 am cst and you have already did "your homework"???? The owner, which is a personal friend of mine is not out of bed till 8 am on any given day, yet YOU talked to him in the middle of the night???
Boy we all know you are good, but to be that good and to call someone in the middle of the night and get info is really good.
You said a long time ago that you wanted to not have me post in your stupid post, well I guess that you don't follow your own rules.
Get over it, someone has gone faster than you and they do have the proff. There is nothing for you to talk about in this post so please "step off". Now if anyone wants to see for themself's ,stop on by and take a lookie.....Rich

Rich

(One big factor) Bob knows 90% of track owners and there race dates he has close ties with them. Next time before you post make sure your place you clame to run at is in fact running. Big mistake on your part just be truthful dont make up such storys please. You never once posted a time slip or any proof in any of your clames it gets real old real quick. Have respect for the ones that do it for real and work hard at it and are 100% truthful

Give them a call Rich

(Track Hot Line) 262 878-3785

Web link
http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/

Will post owners (direct phone) latter today

Last edited:
Rich

(One big factor) Bob knows 90%

Will post owners (direct phone) latter today

So let me get this right. You call the recorded hot line and you got your info?? Great JOB now you have recorder's talking to you and giving info on what went on??
Bob knows 90% of the owners, good for him... Did you know that there are NEW OWNERS that never were in the racing game before?? But yet you still got a hold of them in the middle of the night...
Again jimmy "STEP OFF" this is not your post so get out of it.

So let me get this right. You call the recorded hot line and you got your info?? Great JOB now you have recorder's talking to you and giving info on what went on??
Bob knows 90% of the owners, good for him... Did you know that there are NEW OWNERS that never were in the racing game before?? But yet you still got a hold of them in the middle of the night...
Again jimmy "STEP OFF" this is not your post so get out of it.

Again Rich

Not the hot line the owner and Bob called one hour ago he knows him real well so again your digging yourself deeper in hole. Do like making storys up for some weird reason? Maybe once in your storys come up with proof to back yourself up to much fiction from you no truth in the matter. Remember next time what you post it can be looked into and facts come forward from close ties in the racing world

Last edited:
Talk to who??

Again Rich

Not the hot line the owner and Bob called one hour ago he knows him real well so again your digging yourself deeper in hole. Do like making storys up for some weird reason? Maybe once in your storys come up with proof to back yourself up to much fiction from you no truth in the matter

and his name is what?? do tell? you can't because you never talked to him nor did anyone else.. AGAIN "STEP OFF" let it be, you are not #1 maybe in your mind but that's all..

and his name is what?? do tell? you can't because you never talked to him nor did anyone else.. AGAIN "STEP OFF" let it be, you are not #1 maybe in your mind but that's all..

Who you ask?

I will call Bob and post his name here P.S you dont have any proof of the time you clame to run. Matter of fact you never have been able to show proof of any times you say you have ran. Hummmmm truth,facts, proof one thing you never been able to do go figure

Who you ask?

I will call Bob and post his name here P.S you dont have any proof of the time you clame to run. Matter of fact you never have been able to show proof of any times you say you have ran. Hummmmm truth,facts, proof one thing you never been able to do go figure

I posted my slips even George has gotten them. Too bad your video never was found. AGAIN "STEP OFF" by the way I have linked this to George asking for him to put a lid on your posting to mix the pot....Rich

I posted my slips even George has gotten them. Too bad your video never was found. AGAIN "STEP OFF" by the way I have linked this to George asking for him to put a lid on your posting to mix the pot....Rich

Rich

Not making any trouble here you just stated you ran this time we like to see proof time slip anything. Plus understand why you said you ran on 4/1/08 and in fact there was no testing just stating facts thats it. We all have a right to our opinions and requests and like to see some proof not just something that has no truth to it

Rich,

So I guess this means that none of us are ever going to see this car now that you broke it :rolleyes:

Jim,

I don't understand why you are demanding all this proof from Rich, when you haven't posted anything to back up your 9.52 :confused:

I don't think either one of you guys have much credibility within the community, because nobody ever sees either of these cars run.

David

not so fast here big guy..

Rich,

So I guess this means that none of us are ever going to see this car now that you broke it :rolleyes:

Jim,

I don't understand why you are demanding all this proof from Rich, when you haven't posted anything to back up your 9.52 :confused:

I don't think either one of you guys have much credibility within the community, because nobody ever sees either of these cars run.

David

David not all is lost yet. The transmission is what blew for sure. If the engine got hurt as well is still unknown.
Now as far as posting things, or people seeing or riding in things. There was a post of one slip a time ago. There was a video shot out the window of one car and I think it was Kurt K. that timed it and said it was a 10 second pass. Then there is the "mohawk man" he DROVE more than one car when he was here. Now if this is not enought, there is also Dave D. that drove the slower V6 car and did say it was stupid fast when he tuned it the first time..
Besides all this, lets see how hurt the car is before anyone throws a blanket on the whole thing....I will get to work on this car this week end and see what's up with it....Rich

David, I forgot one more..

Last year Wisco Andy took one of my car down to the track for me. He was even there when it went faster than 12.0's I don't remember just how good it was running that day, but that is another person that HAS been at the track. I do wish that you and I were closer to where we live so you also could have seen some of the runs. I know I can always go to the shoot out, but as you already know last year was not a good year for me to do much of this stuff.
This is a new year and I do plan on getting to some sccoa stuff....Rich

Just looking through this thread and didnt see your slip Rich. Be good evidence that you were at the that track on the day you say and ran that number. Can you post it?

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back