2017 Hot Rod Power Tour

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
I know it is kind of a short notice, but a few of us will be participating in this year's Hot Rod Power Tour and will be going the distance. And others have indicated they will visit one or two stops.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/2017-hot-rod-power-tour-dates-locations/

June 10 – Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City
June 11 – Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
June 12 – Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds in Davenport, Iowa
June 13 – University of Illinois (State Farm Center) in Champaign, Illinois
June 14 – Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Illinois
June 15 – Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana
June 16 – Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport in Bowling Green, Kentucky

I'll post updates during the tour on Instagram and Twitter with the hashtags #sccoa and #HRPT2017 and #HotRodPowerTour and likely a few others. I think Neibert will be handling FB updates.

Light up the street in front of Jacob's house! The redneck neighbor kids will get a kick out of it! :D:D:D lol

I'm just another 25min away...add your black marks to Jacob's in front of my house! lol
The idea is for some of you local guys to get your cars out and visit us.

The idea is for some of you local guys to get your cars out and visit us.

I am actually planning on meeting up with you guys in indy and running the last leg. I had been slow to bring it up because it is Amanda's birthday lol and when she saw that it is going right past us she said "hey lets finish the cobra and go the last two days" so since it is now her idea it all worked out. I really wanted to take the SC but......you never know the cobra might just not get done in time lol

I am actually planning on meeting up with you guys in indy and running the last leg. I had been slow to bring it up because it is Amanda's birthday lol and when she saw that it is going right past us she said "hey lets finish the cobra and go the last two days" so since it is now her idea it all worked out. I really wanted to take the SC but......you never know the cobra might just not get done in time lol
It will be better with the Super Coupe :) Either way, it will be nice to add to our group.

What hotels are you guys using for indy and bowling green? I will see if anything is still open

June 15 – Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana: Hampton Inn & Suites IndianapolisAirport, 9020 Hatfield Drive, Indianapolis, Indiana 46241, Phone: +13178561000
June 16 – Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport in Bowling Green, Kentucky: Hampton Inn Horse Cave, 750 Flint Ridge, Horse Cave, Kentucky 42749, Phone: +12707865000

Hey Kurt,
I am thinning about joining you guys from Indy down to Bowling Green on the last leg. perhaps leaving Thursday night and arriving in Indy so I can be ready to meet up either that night or in the morning at the departure location.

Question do I need to pay anything just to drive down along with you guys? Not sure how it works if I wanted to hang out on Friday with you guys if I need to pay something to do so?

I will check with the HRPT site and see if it says anything. Won't have the orange one ready, but I should have the Chameleon 5-spd put back together by then.

I will let you guys know how the planning goes.

Who all is coming with you on the tour this year?

Smitty

Hey Kurt,
I am thinning about joining you guys from Indy down to Bowling Green on the last leg. perhaps leaving Thursday night and arriving in Indy so I can be ready to meet up either that night or in the morning at the departure location.

Question do I need to pay anything just to drive down along with you guys? Not sure how it works if I wanted to hang out on Friday with you guys if I need to pay something to do so?

Smitty

When I met up with them a few years ago in Charleston WVA I had to pay for the 1 day/leg. If memory serves me it was $50 and that allowed access to get into the event itself. The $50 registration consisted of a window sticker for access into and a goodie bag for vendors.

Probably one of the cooler events I attended - you guys that decide to go won't regret the decision.

-Tim

When I met up with them a few years ago in Charleston WVA I had to pay for the 1 day/leg. If memory serves me it was $50 and that allowed access to get into the event itself. The $50 registration consisted of a window sticker for access into and a goodie bag for vendors.

Probably one of the cooler events I attended - you guys that decide to go won't regret the decision.

-Tim

Thanks Tim,
Yeah I went to the registration site and it is still $50 for a 1 day pass, that I would need to get into the event in Bowling Green.

The great thing for me is that it is only 1.5 hrs back home!! LOL

Michael Inch where are you at for this leg? LOL You are closer to BG than I am.

Hey Kurt,

I will check with the HRPT site and see if it says anything. Won't have the orange one ready, but I should have the Chameleon 5-spd put back together by then.

I will let you guys know how the planning goes.

Who all is coming with you on the tour this year?

Smitty

Smitty,
You wouldn't have to pay to just drive with us, unless they add lunch stops. In the past there were scheduled lunch stops that were sponsored by various vendors. It doesn't appear that there are any this year, but I guess that it could still happen. There is free spectator parking at most of the venues I believe, but who knows how far away it will be from the actual show field. Since Bowling Green is pretty small, and the last stop, I think it would be in your best interest to pay for the stop. Usually, the only way to park together is if you enter the venue together.

I think it would be great if you could meet up with us. Currently, I think it is just Tony, David and myself that are making the Long Haul

Smitty,
You wouldn't have to pay to just drive with us, unless they add lunch stops. In the past there were scheduled lunch stops that were sponsored by various vendors. It doesn't appear that there are any this year, but I guess that it could still happen. There is free spectator parking at most of the venues I believe, but who knows how far away it will be from the actual show field. Since Bowling Green is pretty small, and the last stop, I think it would be in your best interest to pay for the stop. Usually, the only way to park together is if you enter the venue together.

I think it would be great if you could meet up with us. Currently, I think it is just Tony, David and myself that are making the Long Haul

Thanks for the response. I sent you a PM also.

Yeah I figured I would pay for the event for Bowling Green just to make sure I could hang out in the venue with everyone else.

Will let you know as soon as I can confirm my plans.

June 15 – Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana: Hampton Inn & Suites IndianapolisAirport, 9020 Hatfield Drive, Indianapolis, Indiana 46241, Phone: +13178561000
June 16 – Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport in Bowling Green, Kentucky: Hampton Inn Horse Cave, 750 Flint Ridge, Horse Cave, Kentucky 42749, Phone: +12707865000

Ok we are in! I reserved both nights with my hhhonors awards points free hotel ftw! See you guys in a few weeks!

Well add me to the last leg from Indy to Bowling Green. I got a room a little ways away from you guys, but it is right on route and I really didn't mind the drive along I-70.

Will work out details to hang out Thursday night/ Dinner that sort of thing. Then where to meet on Friday Morning, whether I wait for you guys to come by or drive up to meet you all.

Now to do some work getting the 95 5 Spd put back together! LOL Worse case I can bring my daughters lightning!

Smitty

I need to finish up the cobra for power tour... always have the sc for backup :)

QUOTE=Quik95SC;1109577]Well add me to the last leg from Indy to Bowling Green. I got a room a little ways away from you guys, but it is right on route and I really didn't mind the drive along I-70.

Will work out details to hang out Thursday night/ Dinner that sort of thing. Then where to meet on Friday Morning, whether I wait for you guys to come by or drive up to meet you all.

Now to do some work getting the 95 5 Spd put back together! LOL Worse case I can bring my daughters lightning!

Smitty[/QUOTE]

Back